Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Apple gatecrashes Widows 7's party

For all the guys here who hate Microsoft and love Apple, here is the article: http://www.theage.com.au/digital-lif...ml?autostart=1

Not only is the new Apple better, but it is significantly less expensive than their older models. Please note that the prices quoted in this article are in Australian dollars and prices are in Oz. I am sure the prices in the US are even more attractive.

Makes me wonder what Apple will do with their older models, and how they intend to get rid of them. "Hey!! here is the older model which is test proven by satisfied customers for years, they are made from better materials than the new ones, they are more reliable, but hey!! you have to pay $400 more." I don't think so!!

So now, I await for replies from fousto, his many friends, and the rebuttals from Daniel.

P.S. I wonder if our Costco will have these new Apples!!

Waddaya say, eki??
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Having used a mac, I'll stick with a PC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmmmm......let me pay 1,700 bucks for a big glossy screen and magic mouse.

No thanks. I'm not a sucker.
    I just looked up the specs of the new iMac 27" and started laughing.
    Didn't know that choosing a quad core was a new option.

Also, just because I'm not a fan of Apple doesn't mean that I'm a friend of fousto.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Apples Prices much lower in US than Oz

As I said above, the prices in the US are much lower especially when you take into consideration that AUD$1 = around 92 cents US.

For the Australians, check out these prices here: http://store.apple.com/us

We are being robbed in Australia.

By the way, my 6 years old Dell PC, although pronounced "dead" by DELL support and Cyberscrub AV, is still functioning perfectly, so its demise is very much exaggerated.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I've owned Apple stock for several years. As of this week, I see a Mac of some type entering my home in the not so distant future. Thanks, Steve Jobs. I love ya, man!

If my money had been in MSFT, it would have been dead money for the past 5 years or so.

If I want something else to tweak, work on or take to a shop for repairs, I'll buy another old car. I just want my computer to work... EVERYTIME I turn it on. When this XP box dies, I'll buy the cheapest thing possible that runs a Winders OS, that I'll have to use for certain applications. But other than that, I'm going with a Mac next time!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    As I said above, the prices in the US are much lower especially when you take into consideration that AUD$1 = around 92 cents US.

For the Australians, check out these prices here: http://store.apple.com/us

We are being robbed in Australia.

By the way, my 6 years old Dell PC, although pronounced "dead" by DELL support and Cyberscrub AV, is still functioning perfectly, so its demise is very much exaggerated.
    I think the best Apple for my use would be their notebook. $900 (student discount) and free shipping. Not too bad, but I'm a broke college kid. I could get a brand new PC for about $600 with a lot more kit.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    I think the best Apple for my use would be their notebook. $900 (student discount) and free shipping. Not too bad, but I'm a broke college kid. I could get a brand new PC for about $600 with a lot more kit.
    I hear ya!! If you are at college and you have financial restraints, then you can only do the best that you can afford to meet the requirements of your studies. Your studies at this juncture are far more important than any extra curricula indulgences, including wasting your time here in this forum. Why aren't you studying??!!

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    yea but if you get the mac maybe someday you will get out of school!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Macs are find. Windows machines are fine. They all do stuff, which is what you want them for.

Linux is fine even.. oh wait, no it's not..
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the macbook air is about 90k rupees in India...you can get a better spec laptop in India for half the price(compaq,hp etc etc) but i still want the MacBook Air
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese: