Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts

Applying for a new passport

Okay

I'm applying for my first passport as an adult. I have had a childs passport previously, but obviously it has now expired.

Can I apply through the renewal procedure? Or do I need to go through the first passport procedure that includes an interview?
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    When a child reaches 16, the next passport they apply for once their current passport runs out should be a ten-year adult passport renewal.
    Renewal of an adult passport it looks like - a hefty Ł77.50 for a standard sized one.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    The wording isn't particually clear but you are still renewing your passport and not obtaining a passport forthe first time. Its still quite expensive.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

The wording on the website confused me. You would think a government website would be clearer.

It is the time element that is my concern, not the cost. I need it for min-November. This should be okay at this time of year if I go through the renewal procedure, but it would be difficult if I had to go through the first adult passport procedure.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Jon go for the adult renewal. You can pay a few pounds for the post office to check it before it gets sent off if you aren't sure. Or give the IPS a call.

I had to renew mine last January before I went to Egypt and it came back in about 4 days, expensive but good service.

Where are you off to?

Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Jon go for the adult renewal. You can pay a few pounds for the post office to check it before it gets sent off if you aren't sure. Or give the IPS a call.

I had to renew mine last January before I went to Egypt and it came back in about 4 days, expensive but good service.

Where are you off to?
    I will use the 'check and send' service at the Post Office.

My friends have invited me to their 21st birthday weekend (two best friends born within a day of each other) in Amsterdam.

Sounds messy.................... enjoy!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Okay

I'm applying for my first passport as an adult. I have had a childs passport previously, but obviously it has now expired.

Can I apply through the renewal procedure? Or do I need to go through the first passport procedure that includes an interview?

First, you have to prove that you are not an illegal immigrant. Going in with a Balmy Army T-shirt will greatly help!! Next, you have to show that you enjoy drinking warm beer. And thirdly, you must keep repeating: "Jenson Button is the greatest!!"
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    First, you have to prove that you are not an illegal immigrant. Going in with a Balmy Army T-shirt will greatly help!! Next, you have to show that you enjoy drinking warm beer. And thirdly, you must keep repeating: "Jenson Button is the greatest!!"
    Also, breathe in tiny bits of pot smoke and walk around saying how stoned you are and buy as many of the naff t-shirts and souvenirs as you can
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Don't forget the part where you mention to Australians that England won the Ashes
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.