Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Calendar

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts
    The IRC event Rally Cyprus will be possibly merged with Troodos Rally, but nothing clear so far.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79480

January 19-23 Rallye Monte-Carlo
    March 4-06 Rally Internacional de Curitiba
    March 19-21 Rally Argentina
    June 4-6 Rally d'Italia Sardegna
    June 24-26 Belgium Ypres Rally
    July 15-17 Sata Rally Açores
    August 5-7 Rally Vinho Madeira
    August 27-29 Barum Czech Rally Zlín
    September 9-11 Rally Principe de Asturias
    September 23-25 Rallye Sanremo
    October 14-16 RAC MSA Rally of Scotland
    November 4-6 FxPro Cyprus Rally

Thoughts?
    Yeah, I was thinking about this calendar found something that I didn't liked :-) I found that 6 events from 12 are held in approximately 1000km circle, while only one event is closer than 2000km from Estonia (That was the main thing I didn't liked). And I dont get the point to have three events in so small area Sardegna, San Remo and Monte. While we dont have any rallies in Northern and eastern Europe (Czech is the closest). And too many island events (Madeira, Sardegna, Cyprus, Acores and conditionally Scotland as well;-)).
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    What event that is closer to you would you add to the calendar bluuford? One event I would like to see is the Arctic Rally, or some other snow event, I would love to see that
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    What event that is closer to you would you add to the calendar bluuford? One event I would like to see is the Arctic Rally, or some other snow event, I would love to see that
    I would change Cyprus to Arctic and Sardegna to Poland and one of Portugese rallies to Russia or Bulgaria. Much better geographical coverage.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    The large majority of S2000 cars is located in South European countries and generaly the interest in those cars is bigger there. I think that it plays some role too.

Bluuford: Russia proved to be problematic event in organization...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
    The "geographical money coverage" is the main gold...
    2009 IRC Pickems Champion

Today just came news that former "South-Estonian Rally" will be named "Rally Estonia" and next year it will be 180 km long three day event (short Friday, long Saturday and short Sunday). Sponsored by Mad Crock Energy drink. Their aim is to reach to the IRC series in 2012. Rally is similar to NORF and will be held two weeks before NORF. Many drivers have used this rally as a test before NORF. They hope to get very good entry list for this year (They are already talking to many top drivers) and also some observers to observe the quality of the rally.
    Well, like I said, it would be nice to have at least one event further in the north, but I didn't expect Estonians to apply for this :-) Well, this rally has potential to be like NORF in IRC and should geographically attract Russian, Finnish, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Swedish and Norwegian drivers (They are all in one day trip from the rally location).

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    Today just came news that former "South-Estonian Rally" will be named "Rally Estonia" and next year it will be 180 km long three day event (short Friday, long Saturday and short Sunday). Sponsored by Mad Crock Energy drink. Their aim is to reach to the IRC series in 2012. Rally is similar to NORF and will be held two weeks before NORF. Many drivers have used this rally as a test before NORF. They hope to get very good entry list for this year (They are already talking to many top drivers) and also some observers to observe the quality of the rally.
    Well, like I said, it would be nice to have at least one event further in the north, but I didn't expect Estonians to apply for this :-) Well, this rally has potential to be like NORF in IRC and should geographically attract Russian, Finnish, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Swedish and Norwegian drivers (They are all in one day trip from the rally location).
    Sounds good

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Canarias medias insist in a switch from Asturias to Canary Islands this same year... It sounds bizarre, but it has been published even in some newspapers, not specialized magazines... Do you know anything?

5 insular meetings are too much, I think...

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Yes, I have heard about it and regrettably I must say it is true... There is a possibility to make this change, lot of discussions about it in last few days...