Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, i'm not really a fan of the "Monster" green, but the gymkhana Subaru looked decent and I think everything is better than the awful Abu Dhabi livery of the factory Ford's.

As far as the rumour goes, there's an article about it on autosport, so it seems to be quite serious.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79442

Atkinson could do some good in a Focus, but I don't expect much of Block. He'd be good for a couple of stunts, though. Should spice up the WRC...

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    What would the Americans think of having Abu Dhabi sponsored on Block's American car?!

haha

But I think it would be good for the sport, more coverage in the US.... but hope the WRC won't turn into something like the X-Games.... WRC is WRC X-Games is X-Games. Leave it at that.

Block will impress after a season or two... don't forget the regulations are changing in a year or so.... So he would get use to driving a current WRC then have to learn how to drive a lower/different spec car the season after!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    yes Brock/block/glock or what his name is should quit doing those promotion american stuff running around cones and cows and small cats and try some real rallying and see if he is man enough.....Pastrana another wonder boy wasting his time doing everything tried rallying and got creamed.
    Are you so completely clueless as to the current state of rallying, and the dire consequences it faces if it does not gain new fans and competitors, that you posted the above?

The WRC has just started to be shown in the us again, and this is a huge win to get the sport more exposure.

Added to the mix that Chris would be part of this proposed team, I cannot for the life of me see why you would be so blinded to one of the biggest promoters of the sport.

Block never claimed to be a future champion, but give the man some credit for trying to bring some life back to a sport on the brink.

The extra exposure that guys like this bring, puts a bigger spotlight on the sport, so that the chamions get more respect and more manufacturers may be tempted to join the fray.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    Well, I think you are bit hard on him. Looking his times on New Zealand I believe he would be bit faster that Rautenbach from the word Go!

And I think that the team would be Super 2000 cup with new Fiesta. It is somehow logical that an American is going to take part in WRC in American brand. Definitely it would be good for the overall rallying publicity in US. And you have to remember that Block practically did those few international rallies as his first proper rallies. As I understood, they are not writing pace notes on their own in US?
    Ken went to NZ to do NZ Championship rallies to get 2 pass recce experience.

He also personally finances running some 2 pass recce US and Canadian events, but due to the cost of the US championships as well as the need for volunteers almost all of the events utilize organizer supplied notes (commonly produced from the JEMBA system) with a good deal allowing a single recce pass for modifications.

As for the changes coming to the situation in the states. I'll post more details on Sunday when my source will not be in jeopardy of the negative consequences revealing the information provided to me could bring.
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cannyboy
    Are you so completely clueless as to the current state of rallying, and the dire consequences it faces if it does not gain new fans and competitors, that you posted the above?

The WRC has just started to be shown in the us again, and this is a huge win to get the sport more exposure.

Added to the mix that Chris would be part of this proposed team, I cannot for the life of me see why you would be so blinded to one of the biggest promoters of the sport.

Block never claimed to be a future champion, but give the man some credit for trying to bring some life back to a sport on the brink.

The extra exposure that guys like this bring, puts a bigger spotlight on the sport, so that the chamions get more respect and more manufacturers may be tempted to join the fray.
    Well said. You must just ignore some of the bashers here. They probably never going to contribute with anything positive in this forum

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

rallying needs to get exposure by rally drivers not 1000 tries drift sick dogs who waste their time doing everything.

Chris would be a nice adition but again he might be forced to stop on stages like kankkunen did for the italian joke.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    rallying needs to get exposure by rally drivers not 1000 tries drift sick dogs who waste their time doing everything.
    Perhaps spending less time posting and more time thinking, you would see the that the wrc is not exactly brimming with talent at the moment.
    More exposure = more manufacturers = more opportunities for drivers.
    Anything that helps in this regard should be welcomed.

But I am sure your 10,397th post will be just an informative as the previous 10,396 or them..........

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts

%100 spot on mate

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Perhaps spending less time posting and more time thinking, you would see the that the wrc is not exactly brimming with talent at the moment.
    More exposure = more manufacturers = more opportunities for drivers.
    Anything that helps in this regard should be welcomed.

But I am sure your 10,397th post will be just an informative as the previous 10,396 or them..........
    most of these jokes bring sponsors and when the sposors see how crap they are they advise them to turn elsewere...when was the last time you saw someone who is clueless about the sport he is involved bring more exposure ?? he maybe get 2-3 mins of coverage and thats it.....manufacturers need more to enter the wrc than sick sponsor dogs.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Totally agree, not a full stop is needed.

WRC, without Dave Richards and Gary Connelly as the commercial pinnacle of the sport, is finally going in the right way.

Mixed surfaces, long-term deals with best events (Finland was the 1st one, but I think that France, Poland, Turkey [will move to Istanbul area], etc.), more flexible format, from 2 to 4 days of competition, more interesting cars from 2011...

...WRC is going better and better, though. But someone insists looking to the past.