Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Now Im going to go out on a lib here and possibly get shot down drastically, but oh well...

Is it just me or is Rallying as we know it about to make a big change?
    To me, the American influence on rallying (through Blocks participation and his marketing stunts) isnt really a good thing.
    Yes, the guy has more skill than most Joe Blow's,
    Yes, the guy has seemingly substantial backing,
    Yes, the more interest generated in the sport the better in the long term,

but...

do we really want rallying, which in my mind is an art form of navigating a car through a wide variety of stages while thinking tactically about road position, grip levels, mechanical preservation, all in the quickest possible time as opposed to a larger/longer version of the X games/Race Of Champions that its turning into be?

If there is truth to the Block/Atkinson relationship and possible partnership id be absolutely stoked as I believe Chris deserves a decent chance at the WRC title. If a good deal is done there, similar to Petter/Citreon's current deal, then I dont see why Chris couldn't be a world champion.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grugsticles
    Now Im going to go out on a lib here and possibly get shot down drastically, but oh well...

Is it just me or is Rallying as we know it about to make a big change?
    To me, the American influence on rallying (through Blocks participation and his marketing stunts) isnt really a good thing.
    Yes, the guy has more skill than most Joe Blow's,
    Yes, the guy has seemingly substantial backing,
    Yes, the more interest generated in the sport the better in the long term,

but...

do we really want rallying, which in my mind is an art form of navigating a car through a wide variety of stages while thinking tactically about road position, grip levels, mechanical preservation, all in the quickest possible time as opposed to a larger/longer version of the X games/Race Of Champions that its turning into be?

If there is truth to the Block/Atkinson relationship and possible partnership id be absolutely stoked as I believe Chris deserves a decent chance at the WRC title. If a good deal is done there, similar to Petter/Citreon's current deal, then I dont see why Chris couldn't be a world champion.
    rallying is not yet threated by those american jokes yet...look at pastrana he came he saw how ridiculous he was and left.....same goes for this guy he will come he will get creamed by the rallying nobodies and will return home to continue his fake stage stunts and slow motion cameras and a million tries before they look good.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If this rumour is true it would be good for Atkinson, but there is so much crap made up in mindless heads people post as rumour , a good example is Räikkönen is joining Solbergs team, lol, very likely yes.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    yes Brock/block/glock or what his name is should quit doing those promotion american stuff running around cones and cows and small cats and try some real rallying and see if he is man enough.....Pastrana another wonder boy wasting his time doing everything tried rallying and got creamed.
    Ken has done some international events (with not so stellar results).

Whether he has the driving skill to be successful I do not know nor profess him to have.

He does, however, understand what it takes, and where his skills are.

His passion, desire, and dedication are very Petter like...

Ken's showmanship would be interesting to see in the WRC as he brings a certain entertainment and personality quotient to events.

Personally I think he would be smarter to run the S2000 cup, but I can see the motivation to expand his calendar as the current situation in the states for rallying as it relates to his team is about to radically change.

Doubtful he'll be much slower than Wilson, Al-Qassimi, and Conrad after a season under his belt...

Also, from the FWIW department, I would think it more likely that it would be a single car effort unless Monster brings A LOT of money to the table, as I would expect Ken to not make more than half of the events so unless they only run a second car some of the time Catko and Ken trading off would be more likely (although there are other American's Malcolm is keen on that maybe could fill a second seat?)...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    I think DC would be brought in to front a good chunk of the cash. Ken has said time and time again how passionate he is for the sport.

I think it could be viable, Monster is going crazy with sponsorship recently. DC shoes would not be short of cash to pay up either with Ken being the co-founder of the company.

If it gets Atko back in the seat then its a win win!

Also a Monster Focus would be an eye catcher!
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    the current situation in the states for rallying as it relates to his team is about to radically change.
    What do you mean?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    oho... the car is out of the bag now....
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Block owns Monster too?

I think that if he comes to WRC it will be a win-win situation for everyone

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon
    I guess he has, and I think he'd be about Rautencrash pace......but it would be worth helping Atko out!

Saw a video of Block and Atko playin in Mk2's, so i guess they are mates. I hope it comes together.
    Well, I think you are bit hard on him. Looking his times on New Zealand I believe he would be bit faster that Rautenbach from the word Go!

And I think that the team would be Super 2000 cup with new Fiesta. It is somehow logical that an American is going to take part in WRC in American brand. Definitely it would be good for the overall rallying publicity in US. And you have to remember that Block practically did those few international rallies as his first proper rallies. As I understood, they are not writing pace notes on their own in US?
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    At least we are going to see the Fords in nice liverys then...
    Hvis noe feil på bilen skall kunde ha dette reparert