Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProRally
    My feeling is by midway the season in front of the Wilson, Al Qassimi, Rautenbach and even H Solberg....

Time will tell.....
    thatīs not my feeling, he hasnīt any experience from any event besides Rally New Zeeland so to be competitev the first time around isnīt easy, but I hope that he can be competitev with Wilson/Rautenbach/H Solberg or else itīs at big possibility that he only drive these rounds for 2010, the interest falls very quickly, especally in USA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    he entered Mexico in 2007 in group N

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why does this lad always get such stick.
    So far with Kimi and Block, we have a much higher profile for the sport for the new year.
    With Atko possibly back too, we should have a very interesting year.
    Rossi's occasional outings will increase the profile of the extsting drivers, and do wonders for the championship.

Rallying needed a shot in the arm, and with all these new lads, more relaxed rules regarding distances and organization, and a host of new manufacturers lining up for 2011, it's not bad for a sport that was on the verge of death until recently.

Looking forward to the year already.

With Kimi and Block, I've seen more coverage of the WRC in the media than I have for years. The best drivers will be elevated to a higher level once their skills are highlighted by the expected steep learning curve of the new lads. More interest = more fans = more teams = better rallying.

Block is not going to challange for the lead anytime soon, but he never said he would. He will add a whole bunch of buzz to the championship though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cannyboy
    So far with Kimi and Block, we have a much higher profile for the sport for the new year.
    Rossi's occasional outings will increase the profile of the extsting drivers, and do wonders for the championship.

Rallying needed a shot in the arm, and with all these new lads, more relaxed rules regarding distances and organization, and a host of new manufacturers lining up for 2011, it's not bad for a sport that was on the verge of death until recently.

With Kimi and Block, I've seen more coverage of the WRC in the media than I have for years. The best drivers will be elevated to a higher level once their skills are highlighted by the expected steep learning curve of the new lads. More interest = more fans = more teams = better rallying.

Block is not going to challange for the lead anytime soon, but he never said he would. He will add a whole bunch of buzz to the championship though.
    I completely agree!

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Well said cannyboy. I can't bring myself to knock anyone who commits to running the championship. I'm not the biggest fan of his other exploits but he is making the effort to step up to the world stage and do things properly.

There is always the age old argument about ability but he is not taking a car away from anyone else. There isn't a shortage of Ford Focus's so I don't see why he shouldn't be in one. If nothing else he will be driving the best looking one. I'm also assuming he plans to give this a go over a few years and so we will see him in the Fiesta from 2011. Maybe then there will be more scope to run a two-car team.

Still hoping to see Atko. I think a fair bit of the negative backlash is as a result of his absense from this team launch.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cannyboy

Good post! Agree, if it wasn't for Kimi and Block, there wouldn't have been any coverage. As already said, Kimi's drive with Citroen was mentioned all over the place. However, it is sad that none of the WRC regulars can generate media interest.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProRally
    My feeling is by midway the season in front of the Wilson, Al Qassimi, Rautenbach and even H Solberg....
    Interesting. From your time spent in the Rally America championship, you certainly know Ken's pace.

Ken has always been a win or crash driver. So, I suspect that we will see some reasonable times from him. However, I think he might be better served by maximizing his seat time in 2010 and learning about the events for 2011.
    Doug Woods

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    However, it is sad that none of the WRC regulars can generate media interest.
    Maybe because its off season and they are under contract already, may I ask whatkind of stuff would you like to read about them now when nothing happens?
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Woods
    Interesting. From your time spent in the Rally America championship, you certainly know Ken's pace.

Ken has always been a win or crash driver. So, I suspect that we will see some reasonable times from him. However, I think he might be better served by maximizing his seat time in 2010 and learning about the events for 2011.
    Seat time won't be a problem I guess, WRC (still we need to know how many events) in a Focus, Rally America series in a Fiesta (still we need to know if open class and by who or modified S2000 with turbo engine or Olbergs car) they will get plenty of seat time and airmiles
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Maybe because its off season and they are under contract already, may I ask whatkind of stuff would you like to read about them now when nothing happens?
    I think AndyRAC's post was in reference to the entire 2009 season and not just the off season. And really rallying from the last few years I'd imagine.

The easiest way for Loeb to get in the mainstream press is to do something outside of rallying such as going F1 testing or go do Le Mans - not just win another rally. And that is the problem because being a six time champion should be enough.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia