Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    So being killed by a 22 is better than being killed by an AK-47?
    No, it's the same, but the one with an AK-47 probably has better chances to prevail than his opponent with a 22. Let's say 70-30 instead of 50-50.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    There is something inherently wrong with a society that feels the need to for citizens to be armed to feel secure.
    Even worse is a society that abdicates it's right to self-determination to the state.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    No, it's the same, but the one with an AK-47 probably has better chances to prevail than his opponent with a 22. Let's say 70-30 instead of 50-50.
    You know nothing about guns do you? I bet they SCARE you!

FYI. Did you know that the venerable M-16 uses a .22 caliber bullet?

The really interesting thing about criminals with AK's is that they never practice. they just spray and hope to hit something. Of course how they aren't full auto they just jerk the trigger as fast as they can. They would be in deep sh*t if they ran into me armed with my Ruger .22 pistol. That would never happen as I carry a .45.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Americans want to go around killing eachother, let em get on with it.

Im bored.....BORED of all these threads that seem to do nothing but incite hatred and fear into other peoples lives..Can we not talk about the good things in life for a change?
    the big print giveth the small print taketh

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    You know nothing about guns do you? I bet they SCARE you!
    Nope. They don't scare me. When I was in the army (artillery) I shot 7.62 mm assault rifle and machine gun, 9 mm submachine gun, 122 mm howitzer and 130 mm cannon. In civilian life, the only gun I have is a 4.7 mm BB-gun I use for target shooting.

FYI. Did you know that the venerable M-16 uses a .22 caliber bullet?
    So what? I'd trust my 7.62 mm RK 62 assault rifle anyday:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RK_62

The really interesting thing about criminals with AK's is that they never practice. they just spray and hope to hit something. Of course how they aren't full auto they just jerk the trigger as fast as they can. They would be in deep sh*t if they ran into me armed with my Ruger .22 pistol. That would never happen as I carry a .45.
    What do you know about criminals? Bet you have never met one with an AK47. AK47s can be set to single shot mode, just like RK 62s, and in the army we were taught not shoot more than few rounds at a time in the full automatic mode for the barrel not to rise too much because of recoil.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Nope. They don't scare me. When I was in the army (artillery) I shot 7.62 mm assault rifle and machine gun, 9 mm submachine gun, 122 mm howitzer and 130 mm cannon. In civilian life, the only gun I have is a 4.7 mm BB-gun I use for target shooting.

So what? I'd trust my 7.62 mm RK 62 assault rifle anyday:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RK_62

What do you know about criminals? Bet you have never met one with an AK47. AK47s can be set to single shot mode, just like RK 62s, and in the army we were taught not shoot more than few rounds at a time in the full automatic mode for the barrel not to rise too much because of recoil.
    Ignorance suits you.

In the US AK-47's are semi-auto. Full auto weapons have been severely controlled since the 1930's.
    Criminals are just that...criminals. they have decided to take what they think is the easy way. Considering that criminals cannot legally purchase nor possess firearms in the US it is a safe bet that you won't bump into them at the local range.
    Interesting fact. In Florida they have issued over 100,000 concealed weapons permits over the years. Out of all those only 3 have committed a crime with a firearm.

Now really try and think logically and come to the logical conclusion....(this should be worth a laugh.)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Nope. They don't scare me. When I was in the army (artillery) I shot 7.62 mm assault rifle and machine gun, 9 mm submachine gun, 122 mm howitzer and 130 mm cannon.
    130 mm cannon 130 K 54:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/130_mm_...un_M1954_(M-46)

122 mm howitzer 122 H 63:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/122_H_63

7.62 mm Machine gun KK 62:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KvKK_62

9 mm submachine gun Suomi M31:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suomi_M-31_SMG

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ignorance suits you.

In the US AK-47's are semi-auto. Full auto weapons have been severely controlled since the 1930's.
    Criminals are just that...criminals. they have decided to take what they think is the easy way. Considering that criminals cannot legally purchase nor possess firearms in the US it is a safe bet that you won't bump into them at the local range.
    "Criminals cannot legally purchase nor possess firearms in the US" is an oxymoron and kind of makes the point ""When guns are illegal then only criminals will have guns" moot, doesn't it?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    "Criminals cannot legally purchase nor possess firearms in the US" is an oxymoron and kind of makes the point ""When guns are illegal then only criminals will have guns" moot, doesn't it?
    The point is, and you usually lose it at some point Eki, is your thread is based on these idiots in PA with the legal guns dying in a Murder Suicide. You put this on to make anyone with a legal gun down as some sort of nut or criminal. Yet Anthony just pointed out with 100000 concealed weapons permits given out in Florida, only 3 were shown to have used them in crimes. That is lower than the crime rate of the population at large in just about any nation you can name. Ergo, people with legal guns are not the problem.

Your usual anti-US diatribe and slagging guns is the usual tripe. You own a BB gun, so therefore by your own logic you should be considered a crimnal? All guns are bad right?

I am of the opinion that gun ownership in a civilized society is perfectly normal and safe if the weapons in question are appropriate for personal protection and/or hunting. The USA defends this right in its constitution. They do this because of their history and the idea the population will not accept being unarmed by any government. If you understand US history, you can actually see where their point comes from, and until the constitution is amended to change that ( good luck ) then legal law abiding citizens will carry weapons. Whether they need them or not is inconsequential.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Eki are you off your meds or into some really good stuff?
    I rarely ever agree with you but you at least had an arguement..

That arguement wasn't much more than a year ago, funny how he wasn't engaged in it then:

http://www.motorsportforums.com/foru...ghlight=Heston

That gun debate (AKA - Charlton Heston dies thread) went on for so long in time and thread pages it's a wonder why the gun-control debate is being brought up again.
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On