Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    It looks alright but if I had one every time I looked at the badge on the steering wheel it would remind me that I was driving a Toyota. Not what I need.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Turbo?

The last Celica wasn't a bad car. But being a FWD with that 1.8 N.A. didn't give it enough oomph! So it became what its predecessor (eventually) became: a "secretary's car".

I'd like to see them fit the Suby 2.5 liter, turbo flat 4 in it and tune it to at least 275 horspepower. Truly, I'd like to see another Toyota like the Celica All-Trac (GT4 in Europe?) from the early 90's. Until then, I'll stick with the WRX or look at an Evo.
    The 2 litre Subaru engine is a much better engine than the 2.5 so i hope they stick with the 2 litre engine. Subaru easily gets near on 300 horsies out of the 2l turbo and it's also lighter of course.

I'd love to see if being 4wd as well and being another GT4. The GT4 was the only Toyota I've ever really liked.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Not a 4wd? So in your opinion the Celica GT-Four was an abject failure?
    No of course it wasn't, I just prefer rwd cars

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    It's named FT-86

successor to the AE-86! I hear ricers rejoicing!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    It looks alright but if I had one every time I looked at the badge on the steering wheel it would remind me that I was driving a Toyota. Not what I need.
    Oi!!! :

I'm most shocked by Jag's comment about getting 275bhp from 2.5l, don't Subaru get in excess of that from their 2l boxer?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    Oi!!! :

I'm most shocked by Jag's comment about getting 275bhp from 2.5l, don't Subaru get in excess of that from their 2l boxer?
    Remember this is a non-turbo.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Remember this is a non-turbo.
    Makes it slightly better then but generally, only IMO of course, most things above 2.0l with only a 4 pot is pissing in the wind, far better to whack a V6 in it and listen to the thing sing

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Oi!!! :

Yeah, I'm talking about the turbo versions.

The 2.0 liter EJ205 engine, in the WRX sold here through 2005, made 227 hp. You can (safely) tune them to make well over 300hp (Stage 3). I've heard of radical tunes going to 500hp+, but we're talking about fully worked (virtual) race engines. I believe the 2.0 liter JDM EJ207 is tuned to just shy of 300hp stock - I'm not sure. Mine is an EJ205 and doesn't have a radical tune (Stage 2), and makes 280-290hp, according to the shop.

The 2.5 liter EJ255/EJ257's... I haven't really kept up with. But I believe the turbo version of that engine is now in the Baja(?), Legacy, Impreza GT, WRX and the STI. I don't know anything about Bajas and Legacys, but in the WRX the 2.5 is tuned to 265hp, and in the STI it's tuned (built) to 300hp+ for North America. AFAIK, no Subaru is currently sold in North America with the EJ205/207 (2.0 liter) turbo. Maybe Toyota could/would use it? I dunno.

If Toyota went with any of the Subie turbo 4 engines, the hp figures would depend on how they chose to build and tune it. The biggest advantage that the 2.5's have over similarly tuned 2.0's is torque.

Reaching back in time, I believe the Celica All-Trac (GT 4) that was sold here in the early 90's made 205 horsepower (advertised). I ended up with a Celica GTS, but really wanted the All-Trac (my insurance agent did not agree ). The All-Trac, for the time, was a little monster of a car. I'd like to see Toyota come back with something along those lines for an ultra sport version of the concept above. And yeah, with that, AWD, 300+ hp... whatever.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

We must have different models over here, I'm fairly sure that the normal 2.0 Impreza is fairly close to the Evo which puts out circa 300 brake. Might just be schoolboy figures though, not something I pay too much attention to as we all know that most manufacturer figures are pie in the sky

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    We must have different models over here, I'm fairly sure that the normal 2.0 Impreza is fairly close to the Evo which puts out circa 300 brake. Might just be schoolboy figures though, not something I pay too much attention to as we all know that most manufacturer figures are pie in the sky
    no suh thing as a standard 2.0l UK impreza these days, have been 2.5l for a few years now - in factory STI tune your looking at Circa 300hp, the base wrx is something closer to 250 i believe. the Japanese model still uses a 2.0l and is considered a better engine in many respects
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.