Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: dani sordo

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    So looking at that it only took Loeb 3 years to win his WDC since winning the JWRC. It will be at least 5 years for Sordo. Prediction for Ogier? At least 5 years too in my opinion.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Who won the JWRC in 2009?
    Where will that driver be in 5 years time?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JFL
    Do I remember this right? After Ogier was driving a wrc car for the first time in GB, Guy Frequelin told the media that he did'nt think that Ogier would be a new Loeb! He was'nt such a big talent and the JWRC title was'nt that difficult to win.... Correct me if I'm wrong..
    To some extent I'd agree with him... I know everyone thinks Ogier is going to be amazing, but I don't see it yet. The season started terribly, then Quesnel made a big deal about his second place in Greece. But seriously, he was gifted second after literally everyone else retired. In the following rallies he got more consistent but was still unable to get near Petter or Dani.

Maybe he'll find more speed and be a no1 driver someday- but it's too early to know yet.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    Who won the JWRC in 2009?
    1. Martin Prokop 2 1 1 2 1 Ret 46 pts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Wo...7_championship

Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    For me Dani is one of the best drivers.
    If Loeb retires, it will happens as with Hirvonen when Gronholm stoped, all the team focus in him, he will get the little bit he is lacking for wining and being WDC.

How many wins did Hirvonen had by then? just, in Australia 2006 and Norway 2007. and he had been racing with worksfocus since 2003, and des anyone have critics over Mikko capabilities?
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Very true Zeque. I agree entirely. Sordo is following Mikko's route quite well and there is no reason he won't be challenging for Championships soon. I say no reason - maybe Ogier is the only reason.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd like to see David Richards announce his Mini WRC assualt with PG Andersson & Dani Sordo as his 2 drivers. That would be a team worth watching.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macksrallye
    I'd like to see David Richards announce his Mini WRC assualt with PG Andersson & Dani Sordo as his 2 drivers. That would be a team worth watching.
    PG andersson needs a solid team not a newcomer to test his patience.....he did that in the suzuki.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    PG andersson needs a solid team not a newcomer to test his patience.....he did that in the suzuki.
    Yes, but a new team in WRC is propably his only chance.
    Swedes do something about it, put all resourses behind PG, and rally in Sweden will have a new reneissance.
    I did read Aftonbladet and Expressen during the Swedish rally, very little coverage, its time to do something.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Yes, but a new team in WRC is propably his only chance.
    Swedes do something about it, put all resourses behind PG, and rally in Sweden will have a new reneissance.
    I did read Aftonbladet and Expressen during the Swedish rally, very little coverage, its time to do something.
    I agree with you Tomi unfortunately it ain't gonna happen.

this is a bit OT so sorry for that but:

AS far as media (and major sponsors) is concerned there are
    only two sports that matters football and icehockey.

The biggest news papers like Expressen, Aftonbladet and DN are also very
    Stockholm orientated/focused and rarely cares about Football, hockey and Stockholm sport except for Olympic games.

Motorsport is generally not intresting for media and sponsors despite that various forms of motorsports is quite poular among the Swedes.

Rallying is often/sometimes seen as a noisy and polluting "peasant sport" not appropriate for "fine people from the city".

Sure its a slight exaggeration but still its the way it is.

Like they city in which i live. They rather spend €1'500'000 on a new turf for the Division 2 (4th highest division) football teams
    then supporting the two elite teams that we had (only remaining, the Speedway team went bankrupt and had to fold so only the handball team exists now) and
    a few months ago i read that the city wants to support the Divison 2 football team with even more money.