Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    You feel he will beat Sato ...fine but some people think thats a given or a fact waiting to happen. I just pointed out a real fact which is Sato having already beaten Ant in the same car..

I think Schnell had already told us that it was ants rookie year when Sato beat him.

We will just have to wait until we see what car these guys have next year before we can assess how well they will do. This was covered in Arrows thread.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    err didnt Sato beat Davidson in F3 when they were team-mates ?
    Anyhow I dont get all the Ant hype but we will see how he goes...one thing he isnt going to be doing is getting poles and wins next year.
    I agree with you, some drivers get to much hype and most of them never come even close to being as good as their fans believe they are.

On the other hand it's a good feeling to see less popular drivers like Sato perform well, so GO Takuma!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSfan
    5. Ant to be out-performed by his team mate?
    I respect both Sato and Davidson. Not only that but at SA I think that they will be very closely matched, if only because you've got two very good drivers in a not-so-good car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I wasn't intending on waiting this long to make my predictions, but since alot hinges on todays meetings (How well Davidson performs will be relative to what chassis' they use. as it seems, Plan A is to use the Honda chassis. but from my understanding, Honda has a plan B, and C. (third party developing a new chassis, and a continuation of the Arrows chassis...)

But waiting for a decision will take to long... and this seems more fun:

Quote Originally Posted by PSfan

Do you predict:

1. Ant to qualify on pole several times this year?
    If Honda & Aguri use almost identical chassis, share tire data, and decide a light fuel load in quals would be good for the team, then maybe (Heck Heidfeld got a pole in a Williams!

If different chassis... No chance... :

2. Ant to gain several podiums?
    Honda chassis... miracles can happen.... Different chassis, not a prayer...

3. Ant to win a race?
    Not with Honda A team out there

4. Ant to perform abysmally and show that he is not as good a driver as others here think he is?
    abysmally... No, but I believe a bad car can make a driver look good (case in point, Sato in the aguri car.) So if they are stuck without the Honda design, then Davidson should be able to look like a miracle worker. But if he makes mistakes in the Honda designed car, it will look much worse...

5. Ant to be out-performed by his team mate?
    This should be pretty even. Sato did kick his butt in F3 and I'll concede that it was Davidson's rookie campaign, it was really only Sato's 2nd, and he did have double the wins if I remeber correctly. Should the Honda design get the nod for Aguri, Davidson should have the edge in experience in the car, but thats something Sato can catch up on during winter testing...
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    I agree with you, some drivers get to much hype and most of them never come even close to being as good as their fans believe they are.

On the other hand it's a good feeling to see less popular drivers like Sato perform well, so GO Takuma!
    Interesting, but my psychology is quite the same. If someone gets a lot of criticism (and more than he actually deserves), then even an "anti" might become likeable to me. And reversed. I instinctly start defending if someone is bashed. And my opinion is more critical if someone is hyped.

Maybe it's something to do with trying to maintain the balance. F1 (as well as the whole life) is not like black and white, so that someone is like a god (and we even won't bother trying to find anything negative) and another one is "totally useless and should disappear as quickly as possible". Every driver/team/etc has its own weaknesses and strenghts. Our goal is to recognise and acknowledge them and not from one view angle.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Interesting, but my psychology is quite the same. If someone gets a lot of criticism (and more than he actually deserves), then even an "anti" might become likeable to me. And reversed. I instinctly start defending if someone is bashed. And my opinion is more critical if someone is hyped.
    OK! so going slightly off topic, what do you think of Warnie? :

Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    OK! so going slightly off topic, what do you think of Warnie? :
    If I only knew, whose nickname it was...

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Ask, and thou shalt receive

Quote Originally Posted by jens
    If I only knew, whose nickname it was...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...rom=public_rss

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If he was driving McLaren,Renault or Ferrari I would say yes to all

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. YES

5. YES
    Care shall near each soul

You canīt win without the Finn.Flat Out Heikki

Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    As I know nothing about cricket, then I can't have any opinion about him. At least I know one player's name now.

(sorry for OT)