Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have to go back and look at the Kovalainen/Sutil incident again. Looked to me like Sutil tried to 'hang him out to dry', which doesn't work well in short chicanes. Kovy had both left wheels completely over the curbs and would have had to come to a complete stop, i thought. Like I said I'll look at it again.

My donkey vote goes to Alguersuari. Priority #1 at that point should have been 'don't crash the car'.
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    Kovy - slow, messed up a strong stretegy, failed to defend the place and then drove straight into Sutil.
    Sutil was quicker because he had less fuel than Kovy. Kovy should've played it smart and let Sutil through.

And calling him a donkey when the best overtake of the race was him overtaking Fisi kinda cancels things out for the entire race though we won't disagree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by harsha
    Kovy is a donkey for the entire season

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Mark Webber,
    Webber drove a very good race considering he was 2 laps down by lap 5, through no fault of his own.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifter
    I have to go back and look at the Kovalainen/Sutil incident again. Looked to me like Sutil tried to 'hang him out to dry', which doesn't work well in short chicanes. Kovy had both left wheels completely over the curbs and would have had to come to a complete stop, i thought. Like I said I'll look at it again.

My donkey vote goes to Alguersuari. Priority #1 at that point should have been 'don't crash the car'.
    Kovy was still a bit careless in hitting him IMO, he should have conceded the place because he could surely see he couldn't make it back past in the second part of he chicane. He would probably have overtaken Sutil again on the straight with KERS.

I don't think Jaime drove a bad race, he was doing a good job. Yes he crashed, but he was on the pace throughout the race on a very difficult track.

Oh, and on Glock, I sort of meant donkey of the weekend, not the race. He did spend the race in a cast so I guess he was the least impressive out of all the drivers today

Ok, maybe apart from Grosjean...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Jaime Alguersuari was not sure what caused his big accident at 130R:

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=47101

But it doesn't look like driver error anyway.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    Kovy was still a bit careless in hitting him IMO, he should have conceded the place because he could surely see he couldn't make it back past in the second part of he chicane. He would probably have overtaken Sutil again on the straight with KERS.
    Kovy wouldn't have had any KERS left as everyone I saw onboard used it all exiting spoon. Still doesn't change the fact that he should have played smart and let the short fueled Sutil past.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Grosjean.... Slow, Boring, not good enough to even keep it on the island.
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Of course Fisichella!!!
    Ferrari didn't choose the best driver!
    Massa come back.................
    ..speed with no limits..
    fan of Kimi Raikkonen and Mikko Hirvonen:champion:

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimakos
    Of course Fisichella!!!
    Ferrari didn't choose the best driver!
    Massa come back.................
    Out of who was available, I can't think of anyone who was a better pick than Fisi.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    Jaime Alguersuari was not sure what caused his big accident at 130R:

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=47101

But it doesn't look like driver error anyway.
    At least not in Jaime Alguersuari's eyes But even if it was his mistake I'd still agree he did pretty well on balance, given his rookie status and the formidable challenges of Suzuka. It's harsh to call someone a donkey for a simple driving error like that, especially a rookie, when they've generally had good pace. I'd be more inclined to give it to Kovalainen, not just for the incident with Sutil but for being so much slower than his teammate.