Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    ... Seems like it was only Pino got tired of it all yo yo-ing back and forth. ....
    No it wasn't.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Sorry, but you are wrong here. pino had to delete many posts that you now cannot read. His is a totally thankless task, and I just cannot understand why some guys here feel the need to have a shot at him. It will be a sad day when pino suddenly decides he's had enough - who the hell will do that job then?

AS I offered earlier, if anyone thinks that this forum is badly moderated, feel free to send me a PM and I will suggest alternative forums on motorsport which you can then enjoy.

I stand by pino!!
    Seems like I'm in the minority here.

I don't think Pino does a bad job. On the whole he does a good job but people make mistakes and I feel the actions taken has been too far. All he had to do was close the thread rather than banning people.

Knock-On I'm very surprised by. One of the last I'd think who would get banned. I have firmly have had no problems with reading his posts. I'd be very surprised to think he would go as far as flagrantly attack other members.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Seems like I'm in the minority here.

I don't think Pino does a bad job. On the whole he does a good job but people make mistakes and I feel the actions taken has been too far. All he had to do was close the thread rather than banning people.

Knock-On I'm very surprised by. One of the last I'd think who would get banned. I have firmly have had no problems with reading his posts. I'd be very surprised to think he would go as far as flagrantly attack other members.

Just think!! think what this place would degenerate into if pino decided to take the week off!! Do you want such a job??
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    I may well consider those options, along with other members here who are also feeling the same as I do. In the end, the forum is the big loser, as it will lose many users who post regularly and contribute a great deal to discussions.

And pino, I wasn't asking for politeness - it is about respect. Something which throughout this thread and the one I started you failed to show and instead resorted to pomposity and sarcasm.
    No one is forcing you to post here Bezza.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Seems like it was only Pino got tired of it all yo yo-ing back and forth.
    Far from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retlub Ecaps
    I think it's also important to keep in mind that the vast majority of administration and moderation work is invisible to most users. Everyone can see it when they make a mistake, or aren't around for a while; but when they do a great job, almost no one notices, because they get rid of problems before most users ever see them.

I know that is true.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    While I usually allow anyone to post anything they like about the forums and leave it unhindered I have to draw a line here. Pino has made a decision for the good of the F1 forum, and he's in charge there, so that's that.

As others have said, he's an unpaid volunteer who gives up large amounts of his own time for the good of the forums and has done so for many years. So I find the comments here unacceptable, therefore with regret I'm closing this thread and drawing a line under the issue.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums