Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    What terribly sad news. Pentti was one of the drivers I grew up watching in the period when I came to love the sport, and his RAC win, so well-deserved after so many years of trying, will always remain a favourite memory.

And so will this — a typically spirited, hard-trying performance in not the best car. Pentti's performance on the 1987 Manx International is, to me, one of those that proves you don't need a lot of power to be spectacular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZT8FNGIv5c
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3lbTdnjrZY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-7jEf7Xy4

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    Due to a slight "incident" between me, Pentti and a bit of gravel, my left eye was slightly damaged many moons ago, so if anyone asks, that's what is causing it to look a bit like the odd tear tonight.

I never did get round to finishing my conversation about my VR4. Kept thinking "I must reply tomorrow" and now wont get the chance

Pentti... a rolemodel, childhood hero and a thoroughly nice chap. RIP

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Pentti

R.I.P. Pentti met you on many occassions at many events,and you always had time for a few words.I think the first time was in 78/79 in the Vauxhall days.Then in Helsinki where you were using a Mercedes 190 in Maroon as your runaround .On the dash was a silver plate with the inscription "You can tell the men from the boys by the size of their toys"
    I knew you had an illness from an ex Bray resident landlord,and the fact that you were no longer posting on this site.You will be sorely missed..
    Kiitos !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RIP Pentti - it was always interesting to read his insightful posts in here - been missing them for a while already.
    ...may the force be with you...

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

pentti

Attachment 2412
    In the Vauxhall Astra Days in the Isle of man
    R.I.P. Pentti

MJW
    R.I.P Pentti - Allways freindly and interesting to talk to. The man who brought electric kettles to Finland.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another true legend passes away and we are left more and more with the robots of today
    I'm a daddy now!!! 2 goorgeous little girls Megan Jessica born 24th August 2009....

Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts
    Was gutted to hear the news this morning, grew up with a poster of him in the Manta above my bed. RIP to a real legend

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    R.I.P. Pentti

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    R.I.P. Pentti