Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Japanese Grand Prix 2009

I'm so thrilled to see Suzuka back on the calendar!

The news this coming weekend should keep us very busy all the way through the entire off-season. Alonso to Ferrari, Kimi to McLaren, Kubica to Renault, F1 teams dropping out, other teams joining to circus, and much more.

Predictions?
    BMW at the top step.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that said,that seems to be a track where the Brawn might struggle with the tyre heating issues....
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Yes it is great to see it back on the calendar isn't it. And also good to have an Asian race at the proper time of day - somehow it adds a little bit to the excitement to have to get up at 6am UK time for the race
    My predictions are:
    1. It will be like a timewarp back to the start of the season, Vettel vs Button for the win (on the basis that the fast corners should favour Red Bull, and Button has gone well at Suzuka in past years)
    2. The balance on my online betting account will be lower after the race than it is now (on the basis that my predictions have been mostly terrible this year)

Edit: actually I'll go for Webber vs Button rather than Vettel. Good point about Vettel not having been there before. Whereas Webber has had decent results there.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Theres quite a few drivers who haven't driven an F1 car there before in anger...

Hamilton, Alguersuari, Buemi, Kovalainen, Vettel (only as BMW test driver), Sutil, Kakajima, and Grosjean...

Should be interesting and I would expect a first corner incident, like the good old days
    it will be interesting to see how hamilton gets on, and the mclaren at a circuit with lots of high speed conrers, which the macca evidently doesnt like. Im going for a kimi win, ferrari seem to be good on the high-speed-corner tracks like spa, and Mr Raikkonen will be in his element, he seems to do well at Suzuka and he will have warm memories of that fantastic win in 2005.

One hopes for another great race like 2005, i think it is very unpredictable this one, should be interesting!
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Some predictions of rain on friday and sat. How topsy turvy would the race be if all those newbies mentioned got zero dry running before race day?
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Some predictions of rain on friday and sat. How topsy turvy would the race be if all those newbies mentioned got zero dry running before race day?
    If they do well in the wet they can only do better in the dry.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    If they do well in the wet they can only do better in the dry.
    I have no doubt but they'd be eaten alive in the first few laps whilst they learnt.

Can't wait either way.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I have a good feeling about Japan. I keep my fingers crossed for Jenson!
    Formula 1

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    can't wait to see the cars at suzuka again

i heard they have made some minor adjustments and improvements
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    This is one of Jenson's absolute favorite circuits and he considers the Japanese Grand Prix as one of his THREE home races - the others being Britain and Monaco.

Suzuka is also a new "traditional" track in my view. It has held 20 grands prix and rivals the Canadian for its popularity and is a real drivers circuit.

For all long time Jenson supporters like myself the focus is one thing at Suzika 2009: try and score FIVE more points than Rubens.

Of course it will not be easy but doing so will clinch the world championship.

This has been a super year for Jens. It has been magic for his loyal supporters. Truly it has been a long time that I enjoyed a season as much as this one for other reasons as well.

Over the winter it was thought that Jenson's f1 career was over and the disappointment and frustration that a driver of such immense ability would never sit in a car where could demonstrate just what he was capable of brought an immense view that a great injustice had been done.

Then along came Mercedes' High Performance Engine unit and because it was Ross they saved the day. All Jenson fans have to have a warm feeling towards the people at the Mercedes Engine unit. Their decision was based on trust and a good idea that a team led by Ross with the people many being long time employees and drivers like Jenson and Rubens had to be something special.

I started the season skeptical of Rubens - at this point he has gained my respect and I was indeed wrong about him.

Long time supporters of Jenson support him not only because we saw an exciting driver back so many years ago, but because he has become the epitome of what a formula 1 driver ought to be like.

Personable, incredibly intelligent on the track, eloquent and someone that is happy to see his fans and takes an interest in them.

His story is incredible and he, just like Damon did and Nigel demonstrates determination and persistence that finally, together with their sublime skill, wins the day.

Pardon my Jenson Ad, but this could be an incredible weekend - as Jenson fans we are not used to him even being in a good car never mind winning grand prix races let alone a world title!!!
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D