Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

The BNP on Question Time

Nick Griffin of the British National Party is to appear on BBC's Question Time on October 22nd. What are your feelings about it?

Personally, I believe he has every right to appear, but I'm hoping he shows himself and his party up for what they really are.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Should make for good TV. Whilst he is a moron, Nick Griffin is a very good public speaker.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Of course they should.

I've seen their newsletter/newspaper and its a good laugh as should the majority on QT.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Human Rights Act 2000. (European Parliament)
    Article 10: Freedom of Expression
    (1) Everyone has the right of freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without inference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This Article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.
    (2) The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society...

Anyone in the UK has the right at law to get up and say whatever the heck they wish within the grounds of decency and other law. Politically even if the BNP are a bunch of whackjobs, they still have the freedom to espouse their whackjobbery all they want; just like you have the legal right to ignore it.

There was that case in the High Court with that horrid Alison Redmond-Bate, which even upheld people's right to be offensive under the law. Provided there isn't a direct provocation to violence, then the BNP as far as I'm concerned are totally within their right to say what they want...

... and be judged for, by and on it.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    They are allowed to say it, but should they be given a platform for it? On the one hand this could expose them as shallow and non-constructive. On the other hand it validates the BNP and everything they stand for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Should make for good TV. Whilst he is a moron, Nick Griffin is a very good public speaker.
    Your kidding right? Every interview I've ever heard Griffin give he consistently fails to defend any of his ridiculous beliefs, before launching into a whiny rant about how he's treated unfairly by some media conspiracy..

Let him on Question Time, I personally believe the only way to combat the BNP is to debate them and expose their vile views.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The funniest thing on TV last week was Richard " I'm a bit stupid me" Barnbrook of the BNP reading a prepared statment to the London Assembly and trying to sound a bit, shall we say, challenged, because that was his excuse for misleading them.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    The funniest thing on TV last week was Richard " I'm a bit stupid me" Barnbrook of the BNP reading a prepared statment to the London Assembly and trying to sound a bit, shall we say, challenged, because that was his excuse for misleading them.
    Yes, that was brilliant. For those who aren't aware of this wonderful story - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8273879.stm

I think Griffin should be allowed on Question Time, because he is bound to come across extremely badly. Hopefully his fellow panellists other than Jack Straw will be combative rather than bland - Michael Heseltine would be good as a representative of the Tories, for example.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTCC Fan#1
    Your kidding right? Every interview I've ever heard Griffin give he consistently fails to defend any of his ridiculous beliefs, before launching into a whiny rant about how he's treated unfairly by some media conspiracy..

Let him on Question Time, I personally believe the only way to combat the BNP is to debate them and expose their vile views.
    He may not answer the questions he is asked but he always maintains his cool
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    He may not answer the questions he is asked but he always maintains his cool
    And that's what everyone looks for in a politician
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!