Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teflonso

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Teflonso

Did I really hear Martin Brundle refer to Alonso as Teflonso during his grid-walk?
    http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    you did indeed steve. as did i. well done that man (Brundle)
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well, so far nothing sticks to that guy.

As we all know however, the longer you use and abuse teflon, the more likely it is to have stuff stick to it......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Alonso has dedicated his Singapore podium to Flavio Briatore. At least this year is wasn't achieved through blatent cheating I guess, but it seems a bit classless to laud someone who sent a man out to fix last year's race by deliberately crashing
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Alonso has dedicated his Singapore podium to Flavio Briatore. At least this year is wasn't achieved through blatent cheating I guess, but it seems a bit classless to laud someone who sent a man out to fix last year's race by deliberately crashing
    I disagree. Flavio helped Fernando and gave him a seat in a strong team, made him race winner in 2003, world champion in 2005 and 2006 and welcomed him back in "Renault" after 2007. To me Alonso showed class when he remained supportive to his boss even after he was disgraced, unlike Hamilton, who I think didn't even visit Ron's farewell party. That was classless IMO.
    Formula 1

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I disagree. Flavio helped Fernando and gave him a seat in a strong team, made him race winner in 2003, world champion in 2005 and 2006 and welcomed him back in "Renault" after 2007. To me Alonso showed class when he remained supportive to his boss even after he was disgraced....
    Then support him in private. The fans at Singapore paid good money to watch a fixed race last year, and to bring up memories of the instigator is a slap in the face to them.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Ron's farewell party. That was classless IMO.
    Shoot, has Ron left McLaren? When did that bombshell drop? Thought he was still heading the road car division.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Then support him in private. The fans at Singapore paid good money to watch a fixed race last year, and to bring up memories of the instigator is a slap in the face to them.
    Support him in private is spineless IMO. Accept that not everyone is against Flavio. To some fans, like me, Alonso was cool because of what he said. Alonso supported his friend and mentor. Kudos for him about that!
    Formula 1

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    There has NEVER been a fixed race in f1 Lets not get all high and mighty - what about all those races that were fixed because Ferrari had a secret veto over the regulations?

Not a peep from anyone - but then it was the governing body in collusion with the Bernie brigade and upsetting a capricous and viscious entity such as the FIA is just not on.

And what about all the years where Shcumacher "won" races that his teammates would have, or the times when Chapman would deliberately have mechanics put extra fuel in the Peterson Lotus until the mechanics themselves revolted.

And the Flavio issue was not settled in a court it was doen by a power, the FIA.

Nobody is arguing that anyone guilty of anything go free - whoops! forgot about Nelsinho Piquet - in Flavio's case it is the severity of the punishment that is unjust just as the "immunity" given Piquet is unjust.

Unfortunately there are a lot of long knives drawn in the FIA against Briatiore and mostly, aside from Tony Dodgins, a cowardly media and so on....
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Also I want to add that fixed or not, I enjoyed last year's race tremendously.
    Formula 1