Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    Not necessarily the sport but certainly the WRC has lost some appeal. I've missed highlights of a lot of events this season just because I haven't been as interested in a)the Championship b)the number of top class entries and c)the style of the programme. I just don't like the majority of the ISC camerawork. And don't get me started on Virtual Spectator.
    Fair point, the sport at WRC level; I still enjoy the National events.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Fair point, the sport at WRC level; I still enjoy the National events.
    Which is ridiculous really, the WRC is the pinnacle with the best cars and the best drivers but I'll make more of an effort to get to the RAC or Wydean than I would consider for Rally GB. It's a real sign that things aren't that bright for the sport at the higher echelons and somebody near the top needs to realise it and work out what needs to be done.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleJumper
    If so, I hope he will do it in a reporting style and not a let's-pretend-this-is-live-and-gasp-when-someone-goes-off way that we've been fed by Eurosport for many years.
    That's not Eurosport, it's the pre-prepared stuff that Northone TV supply them. They use the same on 'Dave'

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    I just don't like the majority of the ISC camerawork. And don't get me started on Virtual Spectator.
    You mean you don't like spectacular footage of Airwaves chewing gum banners?

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    You mean you don't like spectacular footage of Airwaves chewing gum banners?
    It's not just the sponsorship stuff but the endless close ups. When a car is going around a corner I want to see the car and the corner, not just a perfectly framed wheel. Fair enough a close up on the wheel is good camerawork but that doesn't make it good viewing. All that sideways camera stuff is crap too, you don't need to use camera trickery to make the cars look fast as they are already doing silly speeds through a shedload of trees

Watched half of this on iPlayer during my lunchbreak and it's amazing how no adverts, no 'celebrities' and a presenter in the know can make such a difference, even when using pretty much the same footage. Top work Mark, nice piece mentioning Pentti (did Dave even acknowledge his passing?), actual coverage of some of the lower order and British contingent (rather than a passing mention) and most of all an actual feeling that you know what went on in the rally Many thanks for finally giving us rally fans a decent bit of coverage

For those in the UK the link is http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ales_Rally_GB/

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Thanks for the iplayer link. About 4 seconds in I was like yeah this is the good stuff.

Just nice to see some unpretencious back-to-basics coverage. Obvously they just used the ISC stock coverage which is to be expected. But that's how an event review should be done.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Watched half of this on iPlayer during my lunchbreak and it's amazing how no adverts, no 'celebrities' and a presenter in the know can make such a difference, even when using pretty much the same footage. Top work Mark, nice piece mentioning Pentti (did Dave even acknowledge his passing?), actual coverage of some of the lower order and British contingent (rather than a passing mention) and most of all an actual feeling that you know what went on in the rally Many thanks for finally giving us rally fans a decent bit of coverage

For those in the UK the link is http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ales_Rally_GB/
    Yeah, Dave mentioned the sad passing of Pentti in the News section to the Access All Areas show in the preview show the previous week.

Watched the BBC Wales show on iplayer too, while I agree Dave's obsession with random celebrities is frustrating as it eats into the quota of rallying action, I found this version rather tedious. Nice to hear Mark's voice again, but I personally just found the past tense reportage style a little dull, when the event actually had moments of real excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldrons11
    Yeah, Dave mentioned the sad passing of Pentti in the News section to the Access All Areas show in the preview show the previous week.

Watched the BBC Wales show on iplayer too, while I agree Dave's obsession with random celebrities is frustrating as it eats into the quota of rallying action, I found this version rather tedious. Nice to hear Mark's voice again, but I personally just found the past tense reportage style a little dull, when the event actually had moments of real excitement.
    Rarely watch the other Dave shows, just find them boring. Personally I find the 'as live' thing far more tedious, not least because I know that it certainly isn't live. Rallying isn't a sport which you can commentate on as if it's happening live and the attempts by Paul King always sound forced and far less interesting than reportage.

The Dave coverage isn't (IMO) for rallying buffs but provides access to the sport for others, generally those of us who have been watching for years aren't pulled in by it and find coverage that gives information much better, it's all just opinon but I really can't fathom why anyone would enjoy watching the Dave programme.

Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts
    Thought Mark James did the sport proud last night and showed what could be done with the same footage..well done Mark!!