Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    MJW

UK TV coverage for Rally GB

In addition to the nightly Ralio+ coverage of Rally GB, I also hear an exciting rumour that the BBC will also do a one hour wrap up show on the monday after the event, 26th Oct. BBC Northern Ireland did something similar after Rally Ireland 2009, and apparently BBC Wales are following suit, with none other than Mark James, fronting it. Following on from the success of the BBC's F1 coverage, could this lead to renewed interest from BBC for rallying? Or will DAVE TV be the place to watch WRC in 2010 ?!!!!!!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I'd love for the Beeb and Mark James to take it up again, it's been a shadow of it's former self ever since it went the C4, then ITV, then ITV4 and now Dave.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    I'd love for the Beeb and Mark James to take it up again, it's been a shadow of it's former self ever since it went the C4, then ITV, then ITV4 and now Dave.
    The only way it could get worse would be to go on the Ocean Finance channel

The silly thing is that the Beeb owns Dave along with Virgin Media so it's not like they couldn't have an positive influence if they wanted to.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mark James, Mr Soporific, is this really who we want to show the nation how exciting and dynamic our sport is? Lovely guy, but dull as ditch. All you school guys who hark back to the days of Group B etc will be delighted though I'm sure. A great opportunity potentially wasted I fear.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally_Rocks
    Mark James, Mr Soporific, is this really who we want to show the nation how exciting and dynamic our sport is? Lovely guy, but dull as ditch. All you school guys who hark back to the days of Group B etc will be delighted though I'm sure. A great opportunity potentially wasted I fear.
    I'm sorry but Mark James commentated over some of the glory years of the WRC and did so with dignity, understanding and sympathy and his work was much loved and respected. The current gobe which passes as commentary just does not work at all hence all the threads complaining about it.

The current coverage pretends to be live when anyone with half a brain knows it's not.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Would certainly be great, since we get BBC one and two overhere. It gives me a bit of a nostalgic feeling, having watched the excellent RAC coverage back in the late 90's early 00's on BBC, including the live stages.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    As I said, he's a lovely guy, but absolutely not the person to reintroduce our sport to a rally starved young audience. I agree with you about the WRC TV commentary, that obviously isn't the solution. But there must be someone more charismatic than the lovely Mr James.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I don't see the need. I think highlights are fundamentally different to live coverage.

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    William Woollard? Tony Mason? Raymond Baxter?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Daniel, you are with respect, from the old school. Therefor your acceptance of old school presenters is understandable. What we need for our sport to prosper is a younger generation of fans. To this end my arguement against James and for someone with a little more about them is entirely valid.