Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mklein's new Group B book 999 euro!

http://www.thegroupbbook.com/

I'm a big collector of rally books but think I will be unable to shell out £900+ for the new twin volume version of Mklein's Group B book. Obviously this is primarily aimed at members of the Slowly Sideways club so I guess if you can afford to run a Group B car then this amount of money is small beer!

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    For that money You can rent rally car and try..

Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sal
    http://www.thegroupbbook.com/

I'm a big collector of rally books but think I will be unable to shell out £900+ for the new twin volume version of Mklein's Group B book. Obviously this is primarily aimed at members of the Slowly Sideways club so I guess if you can afford to run a Group B car then this amount of money is small beer!
    I am also a collector of rally books and I have this dilemma since I read the original Group B book....

maybe lottery will save us

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    That's alot off money!!!! May be an interesting deal for ex-rally drivers wo want to remember the old days!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought the "Rise and Fall of Group B" was a great book, with good insights and opinions on the matter, plus it had a great collection of McKlein images.

Having read that one, I'm eager to duck my nose into this one, and I think even though it's extremely pricey, it's defenitly worth it too. I do think it's mostly meant for people involved (as Sal said) and that it's more or less a collectors item. I heared the circulation of the book is only minimal too.

But anyway, too expensive for me at the moment...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oops, just saw in the intro Michéle (Mouton) instead of Michèle.
    That differs from the so-called "deutsche Gründlichkeit"…
    RX = You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    It's cheaper watching the review DVD of WRC 1985.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Well, it needs to be a big book if it is genuinely covering the subject - virtually anything on 4 wheels that couldn't meet the criteria for GpN or A in 1982 was homologated into GpB, not just a few so-called "supercars".

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Maybe book is homologated.. xd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I always like the books by mcKlein, but a lot of times I find them too expensive for what you actually get.

Expect a lot of data/statistics on WRC/ERC/NationalRC, and other results. That will fill up a lot of pages. Also pictures, which a lot of will not be new.

When I first read about this book (about a year ago) I really wanted to have it, now I just don't think it is worth the money, despite there undoubtedly being some interesting stories/anecdotes from those involved. But for 999euro you expect a lot, and with pictures and statistics you can find anywhere taking a large part of the substance, that's a hefty price tag.
    Rest in peace Richard