Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    RAP=retards attempting poetry.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    You're not seriously expecting the Stones to continue to produce albums in similar quantities to what they were doing in the 60's and 70's?
    Steve Hackett is still producing excellent albums now, 38 years after he joined Genesis. And the same will efinitely be said about King Crimson, if and when Robert Fripp decides that its time to record a new album.

There are a lot of artists and bands that can and do create new and inovative music, 30 odd years after they started. They just dont tend to appeal to the mainstream music fan.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    Steve Hackett is still producing excellent albums now, 38 years after he joined Genesis. And the same will efinitely be said about King Crimson, if and when Robert Fripp decides that its time to record a new album.

There are a lot of artists and bands that can and do create new and inovative music, 30 odd years after they started. They just dont tend to appeal to the mainstream music fan.
    That is exactly my point. Expectations of a band who has had huge success in the past shouldn't necessarily be to continually produce "fan-favourite" music. They have had their limelight and may want to now take their music in a different direction, possibley alienating a part of their previous fan-base.

BTW, I haven't heard much from Steve Hackett recently. Is he still actively recording? (I was once a HUGE Genesis fan )
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    That is exactly my point. Expectations of a band who has had huge success in the past shouldn't necessarily be to continually produce "fan-favourite" music. They have had their limelight and may want to now take their music in a different direction, possibley alienating a part of their previous fan-base.

BTW, I haven't heard much from Steve Hackett recently. Is he still actively recording? (I was once a HUGE Genesis fan )
    He has a new album, Out of the Tunnels Mouth, out in a couple of weeks and I'll be seeing him about a week after that in his first electric band performance in the UK for 5 years. He seems to have a new album out every two years, sometimes quicker than that.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    They haven't tried to progress though. The same can be said about AC/DC. They've stuck to the same formula for every album and it has become a little bit samey/boring.
    A little bit similar? Quite an understatement :

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Young
    I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sounds exactly the same, Infact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    He has a new album, Out of the Tunnels Mouth, out in a couple of weeks and I'll be seeing him about a week after that in his first electric band performance in the UK for 5 years. He seems to have a new album out every two years, sometimes quicker than that.
    yeah,really looking forward to Hackett's releases...

and I don't think you can compare Hackett,Fripp et all to the conventional more mainstream rock/metal acts
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    ^Well, no, you've got a point there.