Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    I have two cats.

5 years ago, I had 2 german shepherds and 9 puppies!! (German shepherds)

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexamateo
    I live in the "Yappy dog house!"

2 dogs, a Pomeranian and a Chihuahua
    Hey!! I've got a long haired Chihuahua called Benny. His pic is in this thread, http://www.motorsportforums.com/foru...g+to+boot+camp

post #7

I am hopeless at posting attachments. I try, but get lost along the way.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Three dogs a English Bull Terrier,A Alsation and a Heinz 57 plus 7 Goldfish
    2007 Motogp Pickems Champion,2009 BTCC Pickems Champion,
    2011 F1 Pickems Champion,2012 Cup Scramble Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    How do your cats and ferrets get along?
    The ferrets are kept outside so don't have much contact with the cats. When we bring the ferrets in to the house the cats get on well with them and do try to play a bit with them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkster

One Leopard Gecko called Gizmo.

Small tropical fish tank.
    Yeh another person with a Leo. By any chance do you use RFUK at all and are you looking for any more Leo's

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    dis 1!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeZgKLiU1bc

well, he is my friends...but is awesome anyway!
    I Would Rather Be A Savage Little Elephant, Than Be A Big Bald Bull

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    It's been a steep learning curve keeping fish. You'd think just put a fish an a tank a feed it once a day, but not a bit of it! Pity two fish had to die along the way however .
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    I have no pets, and disagree strongly with vegetarianism.

Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yes Mark there is a lot more to keeping fish than just throwing them in tank or pond. Understanding the danger from ammonia, nitrite and the one most forget nitrate. Regular water changes are required. Care not to overfeed are just a few things.
    Having been a professional for many years I do know quite a bit about it. Like over 10,000 gallons and thousands of fish. I was also a writer on fishkeeping for consumer magazines.
    The ones that brag they kept a goldfish alive for a year. UGH! they can live for 20+ and should live at least 10 years.
    Oh and my wife was a Int'l Speaker on African Cichlids.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Yes Mark there is a lot more to keeping fish than just throwing them in tank or pond. Understanding the danger from ammonia, nitrite and the one most forget nitrate. Regular water changes are required. Care not to overfeed are just a few things.
    Having been a professional for many years I do know quite a bit about it. Like over 10,000 gallons and thousands of fish. I was also a writer on fishkeeping for consumer magazines.
    The ones that brag they kept a goldfish alive for a year. UGH! they can live for 20+ and should live at least 10 years.
    Oh and my wife was a Int'l Speaker on African Cichlids.
    Ah good. Good to have someone who knows their stuff!

We have a 25 litre, 'Aqua One' tank.. which says fish keeping has never been easier, apparently.

We got Fish 1, which was a small fantail. And he died within 5 days. Mostly due to an argulus attaching itself to its tail and that it also had whitespot, although I didn't know that at the time.

Fish 2, which was a straight tail goldfish, lasted two weeks was okay for the first week and then contracted white spot in the second, I think from a water change I did. Unfortunately we didn't know what the white spots were and by the time I'd googled it and found out what it was, we bought the treatment but, alas, it was too late.
    We got the water tested afterwards and the ammonia was sky high, even though we'd only given him one flake a day, I think the filter just hadn't got working properly yet.

Fish 3, a fancy tailed goldfish has been going for 3 weeks now. We've had the water tested and things seem ok and the tank is cycling correctly. We've done two 15% water changes, this time putting white spot treatement in first, as well as the declorinators etc and leaving the water to settle overnight before putting it in the tank.

Although he seems to be ok, he does spend quite a bit of time hiding amongst the plants, or wedging himself amongst them, although usually comes out every 10 minutes or so and swims about a bit. I now think that the big filter they've supplied is too strong. It kicks out once heck of a current which can easily fling the fish from one side of the tank to the other if he gets caught in the full blast. I think he's trying to sheter from the current.

I've currently got a seperate air pump / supply on order which will feed air from the bottom of the tank which will allow me to disconnect the air supply on the filter, which in turn will allow me to use the connector which can move the flow out of the filter in a different direction to try and cut down the current a little bit for him.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums