Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts
    just watch out for the wrc drivers who have switched to irc how they will get a beating from the irc regulars,sebastian is on top cause of full citroen support otherwise if left at the same level with the irc drivers in same car he cant beat them.Ever wondered why he doesnt want to drive any other car apart 4rm citroen?
    :smokin: "position no good but very enjoy" japaneese driver at end of safari rally

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Why compare to Loeb? Loeb is not the level of WRC, but is a level on his own. If you can't see that, you don't know anything about the sport. Never has anyone be so dominating before, and he has beaten all the good old drivers (from Makinen, McRae to Sainz and Burns, ...).
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Loeb is in his own league, then why does Citroen not give Sordo the same equipement and freedom to fight for his prices? Loeb is an exceptional driver, that's true, but he can be more exceptional if he drives for other teams, or let his teamamtes really fight against him. The really great drivers drove for different teams and makes. Gronholm was succesful in a Peugeot and a Ford, even on his first year in a SEAT. It would suit loeb to fight with differen type of cars and teams. And within his team
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts

LOEB

Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    If Loeb is in his own league, then why does Citroen not give Sordo the same equipement and freedom to fight for his prices? Loeb is an exceptional driver, that's true, but he can be more exceptional if he drives for other teams, or let his teamamtes really fight against him. The really great drivers drove for different teams and makes. Gronholm was succesful in a Peugeot and a Ford, even on his first year in a SEAT. It would suit loeb to fight with differen type of cars and teams. And within his team
    YES that is true hes a one car make champion(citroen)in fact if there are no wrc cars in 2011 he ll have to switch to other series probably le mans other than get a beating 4rm irc drivers,he knows it its his biggest worry mokin:
    :smokin: "position no good but very enjoy" japaneese driver at end of safari rally

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red bull
    just watch out for the wrc drivers who have switched to irc how they will get a beating from the irc regulars
    You mean like in Monte 2009 & 2010?
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    Exactly.

I'm a big fan of IRC, but please don't put it next to WRC. Right now Loeb is the fastest man in the rallyworld and you keep on dreaming he wouldn't be able to follow in an S2000. Look how Miko performed in Monte, he was right on top with the IRC guys and who was in front of him, Ogier?
    Meeke for sure is fast, as well as some other IRC boys, but getting to the top of WRC is not so simple!
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo
    Exactly.

I'm a big fan of IRC, but please don't put it next to WRC. Right now Loeb is the fastest man in the rallyworld and you keep on dreaming he wouldn't be able to follow in an S2000. Look how Miko performed in Monte, he was right on top with the IRC guys and who was in front of him, Ogier?
    Meeke for sure is fast, as well as some other IRC boys, but getting to the top of WRC is not so simple!
    I would agree with you HaCo to some extent but I think championships may have also been an influencing factor. Would have been interesting to see how the Fiesta would have performed on BFGs.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    Fair point, but I would like to see some top guys try another event other than tyre lottery Monte.

A little statistic.... the 2009 and 2010 winners of Monte scored only 4 stage wins beween them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Fair point, but I would like to see some top guys try another event other than tyre lottery Monte.

A little statistic.... the 2009 and 2010 winners of Monte scored only 4 stage wins beween them.
    Because Mikko could back off after just 4 stages... driving it home safely....
    For sure situation was a different for Ogier in 2009, but it was his first rally in S2000 and his first Monte (not 100% sure about that).

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaWRC
    Because Mikko could back off after just 4 stages... driving it home safely....
    For sure situation was a different for Ogier in 2009, but it was his first rally in S2000 and his first Monte (not 100% sure about that).
    Come on, that's not true after the first 4 stages (140km) Mikko's gap was only 40s.

I'm not pretending Mikko didn't do the best job overall on Monte (which showed he was the best driver there) but I would like to see some top guys from WRC try on a pure performance rally because I don't think the gap would be that big.

IMO the top IRC guys are a little bit behind the top WRC guys (Loeb, Sordo, Hirvonen, JML, Petter and Ogier) but ahead of the M2 guys (Henning, Wilson, Villagra, Raikkonen....) and in some situations maybe better than some of the first group too.