Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Has Montezemolo let the cat out of the bag? Alonso to Ferrari part-confirmation?

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...25102842.shtml

Contracts can be broken admits Raikkonen’s manager
    25/09/09 10:28

The signs are increasing that Kimi Raikkonen is set to leave Ferrari after November's 2009 season finale.

The Finn remains under contract for the 2010 season, but it is believed that the Italian team would prefer Fernando Alonso to be Felipe Massa's team-mate next year.

Previously, when asked about the rumours, Raikkonen would wearily refer only to his contract, and even the headline of an interview with F1's official website on Thursday insisted that Kimi is "fully committed to Ferrari for 2010".

But to the Finnish broadcaster MTV3 on the same day, Raikkonen acknowledged that the agreement alone "does not mean that I will drive next year for Ferrari."

"Perhaps they want to talk about something," he added.

Raikkonen's manager Steve Robertson added: "Kimi has a contract with Ferrari, but as everyone knows, contracts can be broken.

"We are talking with Ferrari but we are also listening out for other offers," he admitted. "At the moment we do not know 100% that Kimi will stay with Ferrari.
    "

Moreover, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo now rarely mentions the name of the team's Finnish driver, and on Thursday the Italian came tantalisingly close to letting the cat out of the bag.

Speaking with Spanish reporters at an event in Madrid, he said in a video posted on the website of the sports newspaper Marca: "We are very happy about having so many fans in Spain, and next year, with Alonso..."

Montezemolo stopped himself, laughed, and pointed a finger at the similarly-amused ranks of pressmen.

Later, he said: "I can confirm that Massa will be the first driver, and the third driver will be Giancarlo Fisichella.

"After Singapore, Stefano Domenicali and I will meet and decide who will be (in the) second car. Soon we will make the announcement," said Montezemolo.

Source: GMM
    © CAPSIS International
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Yep.
    This was one of the worst guarded secrets in F1. His arrival to Ferrari was obvious one year in advance, his demise too.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    And ths was discussed during the 2nd Practice in Singapore by the Speed TV race broadcasters. It's looking more and more like Kimi's contract will be dust, Alonso will be #2, and that will be the end of it.

The real question will be: Who will Kimi sign with for '10?
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veeten
    The real question will be: Who will Kimi sign with for '10?
    Can only be McLaren IMO
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Heres the video:

http://www.marca.com/motor/formula1....0&t=1253891442

Look at the right of the page and theres a video link, its the second video!
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Not exactly a classy move but seemingly confirmation of what everyone expected. I agree that really Kimi's best option in McLaren.....Toyota would be a huge error.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Its a shame for Kimi as he has been on cracking form recently but perhaps that's the whole reason for the need to change. Kimi is too unpredictable regarding his pace. Some weeks he's on it, others not. Alonso if nothing else will always be in the mix.

I'd be interested to see how Massa and Alonso work together.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    Not exactly a classy move ...
    I wouldn't call it that.
    As far as I know it has been reported in the Italian media that Ferrari were not happy with Kimi already last year but he decided to take up a clause in his contract that allowed him to prolong his contract with Ferrari until the end of 2010.
    What is even more interesting is that the said clause was not based on his own performance but on the team performance so even though he was underperforming he had the possibility to say I want to have my contract extended until the end of 2010.
    This move was probably orchestrated by his manager who saw the possibility to make money out of Kimi being ousted by Ferrari and I suppose that Ferrari didn't appreciate the situation back than and they do have even less simpatico for Kimi and his management team right now.

Ferrari will probably pay out his whole contract if needed.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
    I wish they'd just get on and announce it.
    Time is the enemy.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Fact is they might announce it after Singapore

United in diversity !!!