Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FIA summons Alonso to appear before the World Council

Fernando Alonso, the driver who benefitted most from Nelson Piquet’s deliberate accident in Singapore last year, has been summoned by the FIA to give evidence to the World Council on Monday................

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/0...world-council/

party time for alonso i guess. is there any record on how many times a single driver has faced world council ????? he must be winning the award hands down
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have not finalized my opinon, but I'm inclined to believe Alonso when he says he didn't know anything beforehand. Now, afterward, he's probably wondering "what took them so long?"

Then again, he could be implicit. Nothing surprises me anymore...
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    No surprise here.
    Given that he is, not directly, involved in this affair he will have to answer a few questions, that's all.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    No surprise here.
    Given that he is, not directly, involved in this affair he will have to answer a few questions, that's all.
    He did already, in Spa, but seems some are not satisfied with his answers and he has to do it again.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    I would hope that after the other scandals Alonso was not involved in this one. But I'm sure they have a reason to summon him also. If nothing else it may be to give testimony as to the changes in his strategy that took place that day.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    i think this would be the same as a court case they take you statement
    then you go to court and repeat it under oath
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt
    i think this would be the same as a court case they take you statement
    then you go to court and repeat it under oath
    I think they will ask him what his reaction was to the light qualifying fuel load, and what he had to say about the need for an early pit stop.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    My opinion is still that he must have known to some degree, however with PK off the hook as far as any punishment goes Alonso has nothing to worry about with his latest visit to the FIA.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Surely, the intricacies of F1 setups, debriefs etc dictates that, you can barely get away with 'floating an air biscuit' without its affect on aero performance.

So, what chance strategy, and the reasons for it - i.e. Alonso would not accept a licked finger raised in the air to determine fuel load, pit strategy etc.

He HAD to know.

If he didn't, eyebrows will be raised as to why he did not question the strategy from that far down the grid.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Surely, the intricacies of F1 setups, debriefs etc dictates that, you can barely get away with 'floating an air biscuit' without its affect on aero performance.

So, what chance strategy, and the reasons for it - i.e. Alonso would not accept a licked finger raised in the air to determine fuel load, pit strategy etc.

He HAD to know.

If he didn't, eyebrows will be raised as to why he did not question the strategy from that far down the grid.
    Indeed. This is a double world champion we are talking about here. Even if he was not at the "meeting" there is no way on gods green earth that he would accept a 12 lap fuel load from that position on the grid on a street circuit.

But it neither here nor there now. He won't get punished and Renault will get a fine and a suspended ban because the FIA will be trying to ensure the team is on the grid next year. If nothing else for the customer engines the grid needs.
    All other opinions are wrong....