Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nicky Hayden's new number

Over the years, Hayden has been asked about his number 69. He gave explainations. He gave its history. He explained how special it is to him. He kept it through his carrer.

And now he's dropping it in typical boorish American fashion.
    edlalu rides his cbr600f4i everyday!

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Well, the number "1" still reads the same upside down... so maybe he is taking tradition in a new direction.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe he thinks its the only way he can be number 1 by if he has the number oh bless him!!!!!!!
    27 is the Number and Casey Stoner is the name!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well it may be the only time in his entire life that he can stake a claim to being current Motorcycle GP champion of the world - so I do not blame him for carrying the number 1 this year at all.
    Think he should keep 69 in his sights for next year though. :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alot of racers, Kevin Schwantz springs to mind, would replace their favourite number only with a No 1, so throughout their career would use only two numbers. Rossi bucked this trend and wore 46 even when he was champ but that was as much down to shrewd merchandising as anything.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I think that Vale said that if it was good enough for the great Barry Sheane to keep the number 7 then Rossi could keep his 46. There are quite a few riders who like to keep their set number. Others switch about a lot, Edwards is one that springs to mind. I always liked Hogson's (good job Matt doesn't have the time to check the forum that much any more, he'd kick me out for mentioning that name : ) when he moved to WSB, he said that seeing as he was number 1 in BSB in '00 he'd have number 100.

I though Nicky would keep his number. Being a child it makes me giggle, never more so when Suzi Perry said "there's Nicky Hayden, number 69, a lady's favourite number". Aaaaah, I like being immature enough to find that amusing
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this is an absurd notion. what's boorish about running the number 1 plate? rossi is the one who stopped the tradition.

i guess schumacher, alonso and sebastien bourdais are boorish americans, as well.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If I had won something, I'd want the number 1 to go with it while I could.

That said, I'd make sure my personal number was on my leathers, bike (or in my case, kart) as well separately.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i dont see what is wrong with it. at the end of last year hayden finished world champion. that gives him the right to wear the number 1 on his bike for the next year (this year). i agree with you pat, if i was world champion i would want to have number 1 for as long as i could.
    and he hasnt totally forgotten about his number 69. if you have a look at the back of his helmet he has a big number 1 with lots of little 69's all through it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bit off topic maybe;
    will Bayliss drive no1 this year?
    RIP Marco Simoncelli