Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Famous hairpin on Catalunya's Viladrau SS

Hi,

It's been a while since I posted here for the last time. I'm sure you're the only ones that can help me

I'm planning to visit Catalunya in September. I would like to see the famous hairpin on Viladrau Special Stage, where Gilles Panizzi was doing a memorable doughnut show in 2002 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3lycIaNMfc).

I'm trying to localize this particular place on a map. Could you help me with this? I know that the bridge is a part of Eix Transversal motroway and I presume it might be this place:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...06968&t=h&z=18

What do you think? Thanks in advance for any help, tips etc.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are some experts around here about things like that!
    You have to ask for help from Spains in this forum that know the place better than us!!
    Sorry but I can't help you mate
    Although,nice links
    ..speed with no limits..
    fan of Kimi Raikkonen and Mikko Hirvonen:champion:

Liked 244 Times in 100 Posts

i am also not from spain, but as far as i know this famous piece of road is not in the itinerary these days....

two or three years ago the organisers change the location of the rallye from vic/costa brava (north-west of barcelona) to port aventura/costa daurada (south of barcelona)

reg

wrc1
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Yes it's a shame they don't use it anymore as it always looked good.

I don't think that link is the correct place as there was a junction off the hairpin too (which then went under the bridge itself). I don't know the real location either so can't help you out any more, but would be interested to know where it is. There are plenty of Spaniards who will know the answer I'm sure
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

MJW
    Not on the route since the event re-located from Lloret to Salou. Been at that particular place under the bridge, one of wrc's must see places, shame I missed Bunnings jumps.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    I more prefer when it wasn't bridge over the hairpin..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC1
    i am also not from spain, but as far as i know this famous piece of road is not in the itinerary these days....

two or three years ago the organisers change the location of the rallye from vic/costa brava (north-west of barcelona) to port aventura/costa daurada (south of barcelona)
    Yes, I know that, but anyway, a picture of this place is still the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of Rally Catalunya and I would like to see it with my own eyes Still waiting for some help Thanks in advance.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is not there, just a few kms more, you must drive C25 from Girona to Vic and EXIT: Sant Sadurni de Osomort. It is easy to see from the top of the bride. The rally road is BV 5201

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks dude

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer
    Hi,

It's been a while since I posted here for the last time. I'm sure you're the only ones that can help me

I'm planning to visit Catalunya in September. I would like to see the famous hairpin on Viladrau Special Stage, where Gilles Panizzi was doing a memorable doughnut show in 2002 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3lycIaNMfc).

I'm trying to localize this particular place on a map. Could you help me with this? I know that the bridge is a part of Eix Transversal motroway and I presume it might be this place:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...06968&t=h&z=18

What do you think? Thanks in advance for any help, tips etc.
    Hi guy, I live in the zone, the correct location is the crossing between C-25 and Sant Sadurní d'Osormort village road. I've marked the place of the hairpin in pink:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...16179&t=h&z=16

You should do the entire stage, is really worth and practically nobody drive for those roads.