Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My Silly Season list

While recovering from a hangover today I put this list together.

Penske Racing
    3 No changes, seat is Helio’s

6: I’ve heard of no changes, Ryan Briscoe is more than likely to retain his seat

Target Chip Ganassi Racing
    9: Scott Dixon has been rumored to go to de Ferran, if that’s the case I don’t know who would be in line for this seat. You would think that Justin Wilson would be an attractive replacement should Dixon go.

10: Dario has this seat locked up.

Newman Hass Lanigan
    02: Although fans have linked Graham Rahal to Penske, Ganassi and de Ferran I have to believe he’s going to stay unless he gets displaced for Sebastien Bourdais.

06: Sebastien Bourdais can have the ride if he brings funding, but Alex Lloyd wants the seat and might have HER funding

Andretti Racing
    7: I believe Danica Patrick will be back with Boost sponsorship

11: Tony Kannan will be back with 7-11

26: Marco is back, and they’re still struggling to find a decent sponsor to back him.

27: The Honda funding is supposed to be going to de Ferran for Takuma Sato, so they’re trying to bring in sponsors. If they get enough funding to hire who they want I think Franck Montagny gets the seat because of his setup/technical ability, they’re also high on JR Hildebrand, with good reason. If they can’t put together a deal, they’ll take a ride buyer.

KVRT
    5: Mario has a two year contract, so there isn’t anything to suggest he won’t be back in 2010

15: They’re working to go full time with PT/Oriol. One rumor has CDW coming on board with Justin Wilson.

Panther Racing
    4: Dan Wheldon is under contract, but supposedly he wants out.

8: Scott Sharp has been rumored to return with Patron Sponsorship and additional crew from Highcroft.

Luczo Dragon Racing
    2: Haven’t heard of any changes. Everyone knew it would be a rough year, and it has been. My understanding is everyone is in a two-year contract setup.

12: Lots of speculation that Penske would flip Will Power to this team, but I haven’t heard any real chatter about it.

HVM
    13: I haven’t heard anything that would suggest that EJ Viso wouldn’t be in the seat next year

33: Robert Doornbos has been confirmed for 2010

Vision Racing
    20: The son and Law will be back, as will the Menards sponsorship.

21: Supposedly Tony is working to put a sponsorship package around Ryan Hunter Reay

A.J. Foyt Enterprises
    14: ABC has another year left on the deal. Will Vitor come back? Will be the be able to attract a decent driver? No idea.

Dale Coyne Racing
    18: If Justin Wilson can’t find a better deal he’ll be back next year, hopefully Z-line will too.

19: Will be reconstituted if a ride-buyer is found.

Tagliani Racing
    Alex supposedly has a multi-year sponsorship deal for himself and will probably unveil the car at the Montreal Auto show in Feb.

Sara Fisher racing

67: Supposedly has an announcement on Monday, not sure if it’s a full year deal for Sarah or not.

Dryer and Rienbold Racing
    I have no information on this team at all. My bet is they’ll feature another rotating cast of ride buyers as they have in the past.

Conquest Racing

00: If Nelson recovers, if he still wants to race, if the money is still there I Drive Green will be back for a full ride in 2010, if not this team is in trouble.

de Ferran Racing

Gil has said he is going to run two cars next year, he probably has Apex and Honda backing. My guess is the drivers will be Simone Pagenaud and Takuma Sato.

Fernandez Racing
    Adrian probably won’t have a team together next year, I’m guessing. Luis Diaz would more than likely be his driver if he does.

Team Green Racing

All there is speculation that Barry Green is going to re-team with his brother Kim and Kevin Savoee to form an new team. Everyone I know considers it a long shot for 2010, but a possibility for 2011 and onward. Paul Tracy would be a strong possibility for this team b/c of his ties to the Greens and they need him to help make Toronto a success.

Free Agents

Paul Tracy: He’s been working on a couple of deals. My bet is he’ll be a part-time/super sub driver again.

Oriol Servia: Talented, has a shot at the NHL seat, could fit in at any number of teams but doesn’t bring any money.

Bruno Juniquria: Talented, could fit in at any number of teams but doesn’t bring any money, but will probably find a ride for the first race in Brazil though, maybe at DCR.

James Hinchcliff: Has proven himself, great personality, no sponsorship money though

Milka Dunno: Will continue to drive until her money runs out, then won’t get her calls returned.

Buddy Rice: Done

Richard Phillippe: Could end up in Nelson’s ride if the recovery doesn’t go as planned. Poppa Phillippe could also buy Conquest outright

Mario Dominguez: More than likely done, but could be a possibility for Fernandez’s team.

Townsend Bell: Talented, experienced, nice guy, American, no money. Will probably get an Indy one off.

Adam Carroll: Interested in America, could have some investors behind him, could get a seat a number of teams depending on his backing.

Dan Clarke: Talking about going to the IRL again, if he can get together the money he could buy a the AGR seat if its open, or end up at HVM if Viso moves on, Dale Coyne, or Conquest.

Anthony Davidson: Honda has invested a lot of money in him, and now he doesn’t have a ride. He could end up at de Ferran, ARG or a number of other teams depending on his backing.

Tomas Sheckter: I think this Mon-via thing is a scam and we won’t be seeing it on the track again next year.

Sebastien Bourdais: NHL would love to have him back if they could get him. He could fit in at Ganassi if Dixon were to leave. A lot depends if he wants to live in America again.

Franck Perera: Fast, smart, french, he's a good shoe, but brings no money.

Jonathan Edwards: I've said it before, I would build a team around this kid if I had the money to do it.

Frankie Muniz: He has the seasoning now, if not that impressive, to qualify him for a seat, and probably has the financial means to buy himself a seat at Indy or a few starts.

Tristan Gommendy: He's been running well and could return to the states if he finds backing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think we will EVER see Frankie Muniz in an Indycar...is the only thing I see wrong with your predictions.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not saying we will, but he's certainly got the experience and the money to buy himself a ride if he wants one.

I ran into him at Long Beach through friends of friends. Based on how he's talking thought I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn into the next Chip Ganassi, forgettable driver who builds a dynastic team. He's smart, young, a great front man, and has a sizable personal fortune. I kind of expect him to start a ladder series team in a couple of years and work his way up to the ICS as an owner by his early 30s.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    I'm not saying we will, but he's certainly got the experience and the money to buy himself a ride if he wants one.

I ran into him at Long Beach through friends of friends. Based on how he's talking thought I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn into the next Chip Ganassi, forgettable driver who builds a dynastic team. He's smart, young, a great front man, and has a sizable personal fortune. I kind of expect him to start a ladder series team in a couple of years and work his way up to the ICS as an owner by his early 30s.
    He does want to do Indy.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!