Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    DanicaFan has taken a powder?! Well, that's really too bad. See, I thought he was kind of fun - and I don't mean that in a mean way. He had a lot of passion.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just FYI, NASCAR and Sprinters and most Late Models etc have Power Steering, actual Hydraulic Type, F1 has it too.

rh
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Danica --> NASCAR.

Please let this happen. Please let this happen. PLEASE let this happen!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    He'll find some what to walk away from it and still maintain his "Insider" status.

Honestly, I don't really care for Dancia, but it would be a bad idea for her to go to NASCAR. Yes she would get paid more, but she's run notably better this year and is on the cusp of being able to compete for race wins and should be better positioned at AGR next year if the team has less drama and tension and drivers with more setup skill like Franck Montagny. If she goes to NASCAR she'll have a year in the Nationwide series and even then I doubt she'll be a primary driver with one of the big teams, and she'll be lucky to have a Casey Mears kind of career
    I did not realize you lived in such a perfect place, where everything remains the same, and nothing ever changes. How good for you!

So, all the reporters and people who were told by Brett Favre himself that he was retired are now wrong. Maybe in your utopia he never retired, or even better, stayed retired.

There have been a just a few changes since I was told by her father she was off to NASCAR. Maybe you did not hear but there were just a few changes recently with Chevy that kinda changed things a bit. Now that GM has new leadership (God help them) there has been some changes.

Changes happen, and as we all a know a few bucks thrown here or there can change the balance at any time. XXX not only lost a bit of money, they lost enough that they could not honor the contract. Not only with Ms. Patrick, but with ther primary driver as well. Things are still in play, and though the players have changed, some things have yet to be settled.

But I do appreicate the you pointing out that I did say that NHL was going to run in the IRL (which they did), but you forgot to mention all the others firsts (Phoenix GP canceled, Las Vegas canceled, Champcar not making it after LB (long before the merger) and the list goes on and on.

You were probably one of the guys who used to like arguing about how many fans were at an event, based on your "expert" knowledge gathered from your couch.

If you don't care to know what Canadian will be driving in the series next year and for whom (not named PT, Tags, or Ranger, btw) or what exactly is going to be annouced by SF today (I'll be there btw, so maybe we can chat!) I'll just continue to report "elsehwere".

As for AR, there are several scenarios in play. If DP stays, they will be a four car team (DP, Marco, TK and FM). If she does move on, things become a bit more cloudy. They would be at least a two car team, maybe three. Don't be shocked if TK ends up at Ganassi, as he would have to buy out the contract from AR (becuase if DP leaves and Formula Dream $$ leaving, money could be an issue. Moraes and Dunno brining money could still be possible, again if DP moves on. Moraes has been talking to them for some time.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    [Posted on Aug 22]I maintain she is signed, sealed and gone to NASCAR. AR will be a two-three car team.

There are some things going on with Honda and the IRL to try and get her to "change" he mind.

I have been wanting to do a "silly season" post, but at there is a lot going at the momment.
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    [Posted on Aug 24]There have been a just a few changes since I was told by her father she was off to NASCAR. Maybe you did not hear but there were just a few changes recently with Chevy that kinda changed things a bit. Now that GM has new leadership (God help them) there has been some changes.
    Damn, a lot sure has happened in the PAST TWO DAYS, huh? Look at the date of your last post. You were so sure she was signed sealed and delivered two days ago, now you are talking about things that have been happening for months as if they were things that happened in the last two days.

Look, I do appreciate the insights you bring here. But really, is it so hard to say, "Hmmm, looks like I was wrong"? Instead, we get this puffed out chest speech about all the times you were right as you back pedal the very statement you made with such absolute certainty only two days ago.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Be where? I don't think she's hosting a presser, just putting out a release.

Sarah announced via-twitter at like 7 a.m. this morning she was painting her car pink as part of a fundraiser for the Susan G. Koleman foundation. Good for her, but hardly "Big" news, can't blame her for promoting it though.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    We lost DF?? I wondered where he stood on this....lol

Danica wasn't going ANYWHERE. No one in NASCAR needs sponsors so bad that they would put Danica in a car that she would tear up on a regular basis and likely be life and death to keep in the top 35.

Jag...I didn't want her in NASCAR because I didn't want to hear the hype until she got behind the wheel and fell flat on her @ss.

She proved it yesterday at Infineon. She cannot run road courses, and THAT is one of the ways for an OW driver to wedge a foot in the door with a NASCAR team, that is be a "ringer"

BTW drifter, Taxicabs do have power steering, but if you watch any NASCAR at all, you notice those guys are still whipped after a run at Bristol or Martinsville. The COT is a handful, and I think Danica would be lost.....

Her attitude stunk too. No one in NASCAR with a team would have stood for her stance it was Cup or nothing. She only started talking about going to the Nationwide cars when it was clear no one was buying her BS.....

Danica's opinion of her ability is dangerous......and no one outside of Mike Andretti seems to buy her crap no more.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm certainly not going to suggest DP would have any success in NASCAR, but I don't think that it being too "physical" is what would hurt her chances. Ever watch the in-car cams on the IRL road courses? You can't tell me that's less physical than what the NASCAR drivers are doing, and it's at much higher g-forces. The reasons why she would not do well in NASCAR are too numerous to mention here, but the physicality of the driving, or her fitness, are IMO not a factor.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Danica's opinion of her ability is dangerous......and no one outside of Mike Andretti seems to buy her crap no more.
    Very well put, which is what common sense has said all along.

EE, sorry to say but your foot is in your mouth on this. You can't state that a contract has been signed and sealed then say things changed...c'mon. From my point of view, which does not include any inside information, this was obvious the ENTIRE time and you just got dooped.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe Danica's opinion of herself is over the top, but how many racers have we seen who tell us they could be stars with money? Really, she's won a race, usually qualifies well, doesn't crash much and lets races come back to her most of the time and that's why she's fifth in the point standings. That's neither a dominatrix or a backmarker and I know a lot of drivers who'd like to be fifth in points.