Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
Now back to the regularly scheduled program...that being that Danica stinks and we can continue to watch her brand free fall for another 3 years at AGR. Good thing about this is there will always be something to talk about for the next 3 years, starting with the same things that have been said for the past 3 years...she stinks and AGR will continue their lapse into a mediocre to back of pack team (unless they hire a proven driver to go with TK's developement).
I wouldn't be that harsh. I am sure Michael sees some value in retaining her for another contract. The three years did surprise me however. Based on the past three years, she basically brings money and notoriety to the team, but little else. AGR needs a driver who can set up a car. Since the loss of Dario and Herta, they have struggled. TK is good, but seems to have been treated like the poor stepchild all year.

But this thread is a perfect example about how rumors can go viral with a bit of push from PR types and enough misinformation passed to the right sources. After all of the noise, the result was - nothing. The only logical outcome is what happened. Of course, the NASCAR talk will continue as it keeps her in the news, but did anyone really think that made any sense on any level? Just another example of the manufactured hype that has surrounded Danica since day one.

Time has an interesting way of showing the truth. Danica arrived on the scene with a lot of potential. She was fast (still is) and certainly developed some start power. After a couple years, she has developed some consistency which shows in the points. But she also brought controversy, doesn't race very well, doesn't seem to have much of a clue about car setup, and has found her level at mid-pack. The silly hype still continues and after a summer where the press basically treated her like any other mid-pack runner, the sudden flurry of manufactured rumors at contract time should have not been a surprise to anyone. But cry wolf enough times, and people walk away. Time to move on to real racing stories.