Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    (as a pure racer, not a bikini model/PR freak show).
    I'd like to point out that as a swimsuit model...she's only popular because she has funding to put her in a race car. Anybody see the picture she posted of herself on her twitter account...but ugly without the makeup and airbrushing.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grungex
    A spot of Clearasil will knock that big ass zit right out. She might even get them as a sponsor!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    I maintain she is signed, sealed and gone to NASCAR. AR will be a two-three car team.

There are some things going on with Honda and the IRL to try and get her to "change" he mind.

I have been wanting to do a "silly season" post, but at there is a lot going at the momment.
    Danica --> NASCAR.

Please let this happen. Please let this happen. PLEASE let this happen!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    I maintain she is signed, sealed and gone to NASCAR. AR will be a two-three car team.

There are some things going on with Honda and the IRL to try and get her to "change" he mind.

I have been wanting to do a "silly season" post, but at there is a lot going at the momment.
    Yeah, like how you reported that NHL to the IRL was done deal in 2007 before the merger.

If you've got this inside info, which team is she going to, and who is going to sponsor her?

Seriously, you sound like a psychic the way you give minimal information so that way if something similar happens you sound like you knew all along.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    Yeah, like how you reported that NHL to the IRL was done deal in 2007 before the merger.

If you've got this inside info, which team is she going to, and who is going to sponsor her?

Seriously, you sound like a psychic the way you give minimal information so that way if something similar happens you sound like you knew all along.
    That is so when he's wrong 90% of the time he has an out. She's not going to NASCAR. Anybody with half a brain can use nothing more than common sense and see why both sides of that equation don't work. What surprises me is that people like Andretti believe it. Somebody needs to call her bluff and leave her on the sidelines where she belongs.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So EE, the news appears to be breaking right now on Twitter by Curt Cavin that Danica is staying at AGR. Deal done, paperwork to be finalized.

So how is it you like your crow served?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Going to NASCAR, switching to Ganassi, staying at AGR might possibly be the worst choice of all. All her words were focused on sponsorship, well in Danica's case, it shouldn't be a matter of finding money to have a car, but rather a matter of salaries, I don't understand why she wouldn't want some real chances of oval wins with Ganassi.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speeddurango
    Going to NASCAR, switching to Ganassi, staying at AGR might possibly be the worst choice of all. All her words were focused on sponsorship, well in Danica's case, it shouldn't be a matter of finding money to have a car, but rather a matter of salaries, I don't understand why she wouldn't want some real chances of oval wins with Ganassi.
    You're assuming that Ganassi, or anyone other than AGR, offered her a decent deal. Seems to me that AGR is the only one that really pursued her for 2010, or offered the best package $$ and otherwise. I'm very surprised at this, but as Turn3 said, Cavin is reporting AGR as a done deal.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Right now Chip has two proven winners. If one leaves then he will want another proven winner, or someone with real potential to be one.
    'Stompin Danica' does not fit that bill.
    Taxi Cab racing? I very much doubt it.
    She does not appear to like really close wheel to wheel racing for more than a lap or two at the best. That is a fact of life with the taxi cabs.
    Sheer physical strength and endurance.
    There is no power steering in those cars as far as I know.
    She is quite small and I doubt she has the strength to last 500 miles in stockers especially on tracks like Bristol, Martinsville or the road courses.
    This is not a knock at women drivers as other women have been quite good in the taxi cabs.
    (I refuse to us the proper name for the taxi cabs and a moderator won't let me use my favourite term and I followed them in the 50's.)
    Basically AGR is her best bet and most likely bet as Mikey does not apear to be the sharpest knife in the drawer but sponsorship money talks, especially if some can be moved to other parts of the operation.
    OK everybody tear me apart. I know DF would but we have lost him.
    I know one forum he posts on and he has toned it down a bit there.