Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts

VW & Fiat in WRC

What the hell?

Plus a quick Quote:

However, if the arrival of Fiat and Volkswagen eventuates, the two companies can be expected to give the series a massive boost thanks to their resources and huge global supporter base.

“I’ve got one or two (manufacturers) who I think will come in. I don’t want more than four (manufacturers competing in total) because any more than that and they can’t win,” he said to the Financial Times.
    http://www.themotorreport.com.au/398...#comment-29067

I think it's BS regarding no more manu's into the championship to leave it at 3.. Ford, Citroen and/or VW/Fiat?!?!?
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    What the hell?

Plus a quick Quote:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/398...#comment-29067

I think it's BS regarding no more manu's into the championship to leave it at 3.. Ford, Citroen and/or VW/Fiat?!?!?
    The VW and Fiat is correct, the rest of the story bullsh.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    He (Duncanson) is missing the point - yes it is cheaper than F1, but the returns are abysmal - so it's better to finish last in F1 than to finish 1st in WRC. That needs to change.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He doesn't want more than 4 manus ? Who are you ? Why do you want to put a limit ? Total bull.... !

In F1 there 10 manus, nobody is complaining, why can't we have at least 5 in WRC ?

Apart that I don't see FIAT and VW doing a WRC car for next year, if they enter they join the S2000 cup with their Punto and Polo. So the WRC titles and the most attentions are still reserved to Citroen and Ford, that is.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Until there is some official news I won't believe it.

Would be nice though
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    VW is concentrating on Dakar 2010 and only after that they could start their 2 year build up plan for WRC, either a S200o(plus) or a 1.6T concept. VW will not be in WRC before 2012.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helstar
    In F1 there 10 manus....
    Once again Mr. KnowNothing. There are 5 manufacturers in F1. They are..

Ferrari
    Mercedes (via McLaren)
    BMW (gone by the end of the year)
    Renault
    Toyota

Red Bull is using Renault engines
    Toro Rosso are using Ferrari engines
    Brawn and Force India are using Mercedes engines
    Williams are using Toyota engines

so next year there will only be 4 manufactuers in F1, so your argument is useless (like always)
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Your argument is pointless. The teams are 10 and there are 2 drivers for each team and that's what I meant (and that's what we all want in WRC - more factory cars and more top drivers).

I don't know why you always try to flame with me but for sure you have some serious problems.... you'll be ignored from now on Mr.Flamerwithoutareason !

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    For 2010 in Formula 1 there will be FOUR manufacturers, so there could be no difference if VW and FIAT will come.

Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by &quot
    He (Duncanson) is missing the point - yes it is cheaper than F1, but the returns are abysmal - so it's better to finish last in F1 than to finish 1st in WRC. That needs to change.
    ...there is no return because there are no manufacturers and top-drivers battling at the top.

The FIA has totally changed his point of view about the series. The times where rallies-Ecclestone Dave Richards tried to give a F1-atmosphere (luxurious and for just VIP and famous people) is dead after the new decisions from WMSC.

Needs also to change opinions...

With the new formula based on 1600cc-turbo engines and S2000-chassis, and with VW and Abarth (maybe with Raikkonen, as Ferrari wont want him anymore, although they says the exact opposite...) into the sport, together new rules (no more SupeRally, longer Stages km, more "free" format for organisers from 2 to 4 days, etc...) I think rallying in 2 years time will come back as a truly popular sport!

Don't forget that with a "lower-cost series", more private drivers will come into the sports for full programmes.

Look at World Superbikes... it's going to be as popular as MotoGP, but with a 10-times smallest budget (a MotoGP season costs for a works team about 110 millions euros, SBK is just 1)!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorsportfun
    Look at World Superbikes... it's going to be as popular as MotoGP, but with a 10-times smallest budget (a MotoGP season costs for a works team about 110 millions euros, SBK is just 1)!
    ONE ? ^^;