Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    No, 44 is too old ..

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Bayliss won on the last race two years ago, he is only 39. Sorry my short memory

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ..and it was on a big old 990, not one of these PCs on wheels.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    There is absolutly no reason why they would need to lie if indeed ducati and casey have split (and it wouldnt work anyway as we would find out sooner or later) and I cant think of a reason why they want to either. Casey provides them with the only success in recent times and Duc given Casey the bike to keep winning races and chapionships.....one would be crazy to let the other go.

Not everything is a conspiricy you know

As we say in oz.... I call b***s***
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    No, 44 is too old ..
    Crikey I'm an antique then!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roby44
    Troy Bayliss could....
    ...finish mid-pack.

I'm really hoping that this 3 race hiatus for Stoner is purely a rest period for him to overcome his illness. I am concerned though, that there is more to it, particularly talk of him quitting. He's been racing for a long time not, even though he's young, and many sportspeople who have been competing since they were young often suffer burnout. It's hard to know what effect this illness and medical advice would have on his psyche.
    Hopefully for his sake he can get back to full fitness and for our sake, back to championship battling form.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    ...finish mid-pack.

I'm really hoping that this 3 race hiatus for Stoner is purely a rest period for him to overcome his illness. I am concerned though, that there is more to it, particularly talk of him quitting. He's been racing for a long time not, even though he's young, and many sportspeople who have been competing since they were young often suffer burnout. It's hard to know what effect this illness and medical advice would have on his psyche.
    Hopefully for his sake he can get back to full fitness and for our sake, back to championship battling form.
    we dont know - the burnout could be what exacerbate this illness - however like I said before i think its all talk myself as you can tell he wasnt well for months now. Hopefully the break is enough for his health to recover but I am not convinced - especally if one school of thought is that the illlness is indeed Chronic Fatigue or a form of it is true.

I am worried
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ninja, I had considered that point you make regarding burn-out - a good mate of mine ended up finishing our school HSC years (final high school years) as school captain, and it was just another feather in a hugely successful life he'd lead - at that time he was already a horse dressage & show-jumping champion here in Oz and had been setting records in that field for years by the time he left school. However, despite his obvious abilities, it was largely the pressure of his parents which had pushed him to these levels, and eventually it ended in a melt-down.

Worth noting that he came back from that with his drive to succeed intact, but now with a deeper understanding of himself and his motivation. Hopefully the 'more to the story' side of things that is alway present is not too serious for Casey to overcome, and we'll see him back taking that Duc by the scruff of its neck for a few years to come.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roby44
    Crikey I'm an antique then!!
    yeah, antique is ancient...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    yeah, antique is ancient...
    Yeah thats me then... Had a pet dinosaur as a child and all....