Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Stoner's out (temporary)

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/150...brizio_in.html

So it seems to be more than serious.. Too bad ! He's not my favourite person, but the way he rides the ducati; he sure gets my respect..

Hope he can recover soon, and they'll finally be able to find out what it is
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bad news indeed.

If it's only one race then the title is theoretically not out of reach, but he's got it all to do.

If more than one race - who will Ducati put on his bike? The list of available riders out there is fairly limited. The rider would not be expected to go out and win races, they just need to be in the race for Ducati to meet its Dorna obligations.

Bayliss won't do it. Gibernau is an obvious choice as he has recent form with the Duc.

Barros? McCoy?

Steve Martin? He's ridden everyone elses bikes...
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stoner will be out for 3 races, Phantom

Kallio will take his place in the factory team. For Brno, Fabrizio will take the Kallio seat. Not sure if that's going to be full season long
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Big Kallio fan here so glad he's got the nod for the factory ride...even in less than ideal circumstances
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    The criticasters that said Stoner has nothing serious, must change their opinion now. I hope his problems will be over when he comes back. The title fight is over now, Rossi will be again champion with all his experience.

Again the title fight in WSBK will be much more interesting than in MotoGP. I really don't understand why Fabrizio drives the Pramac Ducati, he has a chance on the WSBK title and my opinion is that he must only focus on WSBK. Good luck to Kallio.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why Fabrizio??? Why not Gibbers or (My pick) Bayliss!!

Shouldn't Fabrizio be thinking about WSBK races???

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roby44

Gibernau did nothing worthy on the satellite bike and it's better to look at new riders than keep flogging the old ones.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gutted for Casey - although in the circumstances it does make more sense to rest up and try and find out what's wrong than continue to ride when clearly not well.

I think the choice of replacements is the right one (although let's hope Fabrizio's not in the seat for too long, he's not completely out of WSB contention in what has to regarded as his breakthrough year). Again, agreed with the sentiments on younger riders rather than Bayliss, Barros and Gibernaus of this world who are now enjoying retirement (Sete's being somewhat abrupt, but still looking like being true nonetheless).
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roby44

For me, Fabrizio is a good choice and this allows them to test his suitability for possible future MGP efforts (ie. a full season), but one has to hope that it does not dent his WSBK season.

As for not Gibbers, well yto me it is a given as he has showed little of any desire or abilty he is known to have in his brief return this year, basically he did nothing to earn it.

As for Bayliss well my bet is they called and he said no. Bayliss is true to his word and having retired he has nothing to gain by returning and is well down the path of his non-motorcycling career.

Kallio an excellent choice as well.

Garry

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It would be more understandable that riders are suffering which caused by accident at the track. Despite illness is something can happen to every human, such illness are related each other that may prompt to different illness. It might not be easy to identify which one the main cause of the problem so that the closest approach of remedial can be taken right in place, but usually condition of person mentally may influence either of speedy recovery or otherwise being worsened.

He must understand that pressures are always around, he can't avoid it but better to create mindset so that it has immunity that pressures are something can happen naturally. He must believe self healing power. We don't hope such illness keep going that force him to be out of some upcoming races, get back on right form, the battle is not yet finished.

There might be some names of replacement riders, a shame that Ruben Xaus is no longer with Ducati, I see him capable of performing at second team of Ducati couple years ago, should be able to show some challenge better at the factory team. Kallio, or Fabrizio perhaps among the choice. I'd prefer give Kallio a try.