Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DD

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have two words for you - 107% rule...........

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdawg727
    Is there a series that uses this rule today? I think even F1 dropped it years back when the grid started to shrink.

This is one of the easier judgment calls for those that rule. For the sponsors sake, avoid the shame of failing to qualify on speed or being black flagged during the race and bring it in early with mechanical problems. This would not be a suggestion either!

Hiro, Dr. Jack, Milka... It would be neat to see a bottom 10 of all time.
    Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hiro doesn't belong in the Milka category.....IMO
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Hiro doesn't belong in the Milka category.....IMO
    Hiro the moving chicane? I'd say he belongs!
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbles
    Is there a series that uses this rule today? I think even F1 dropped it years back when the grid started to shrink.

This is one of the easier judgment calls for those that rule. For the sponsors sake, avoid the shame of failing to qualify on speed or being black flagged during the race and bring it in early with mechanical problems. This would not be a suggestion either!

Hiro, Dr. Jack, Milka... It would be neat to see a bottom 10 of all time.
    Most series do, just not the ones that use knock-out qualifying (F1, DTM and the likes). Texeira failed to qualify for the GP2 race at Monaco earlier this year, for instance. It's all dealt with sensibly though, as later at Hungaroring Grosjean crashed before setting a lap - Romain is clearly fast enough, and was allowed to start.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdawg727
    that's acutally five (5) words "1 one 2 hundred-3 seven 4 percent 5 rule, but you are completely right !!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmart
    I asked Michael Andretti what he thought of her, not trying to get him to bash her just asking him if he thought she was a danger out on the track. His response was actually interesting, he says we need more milkas to switch it up out there. He says when he would race there used to be more milkas. He went on to say that it makes for better racing to pass and use stratedgy to get around her. If she is holding people up it might help other drivers use lapped traffic to make a pass on the ones on the lead lap. Interesting view I was kind of surpised.
    We could dress up people in clown suits and send them out in orange tricycles as moving chicanes. They could be bottom weighted so if you hit them they pop back upright. Or beter yet, use swimsuit models for better photo ops....

Maybe I should get more sleep?
    God bless the whole World.

\"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.\"
    President Dwight D. Eisenhower
    April 16, 1953

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Hiro the moving chicane? I'd say he belongs!
    ...king Hiro! The king is dead. Long live the king.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl
    I don't want to see any racer being told he/she should not start a race, because I think it could set a bad precedent.
    To be fair I think the precedent has already been set long ago. CART pulled Shiggy Hattori in 1999 IIRC, who was probably quicker than Milka (maybe more accident prone though?), and there's countless examples in F1 history before formal qualifying rules (e.g. top 26, 107%) where a driver would be refused a start at the organisers discretion due to simply being "too slow".

Quote Originally Posted by marbles
    It wasn't because of shrinking grids (it was introduced in 1996 when entry lists were already shrinking to 22/20), but when they introduced single-lap qualifying in 2003, because if a driver say spun on his lap or had a problem, then it wasn't really fair that they should DNQ because of it.

And now with all of this three part qualifying they've had since 2006, working it out would just be a minefield, plus the typical field spread in F1 these days is usually under two seconds so there's no real need for it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

She is horrid on both.

Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    she seems to run ok on ovals, but shes horrid on a road course, I hope the IRL tells her not to race tomorrow
    Ask any driver, official or engineer who has worked with her in the past, and she hasn't a clue on any track. Given a good car and asked to hold her foot down for an oval is one thing, like what we saw from Roth. Sure, they can "hold on" and get around the track, but once the race starts they are an utter disgrace.

At Indy Ms. DD into the wall, with her "whould I pit, or stay out" wavering. She causes near wrecks in her wake.

As for MA saying she is good for the series, what he really saying is I'll take her money for one of our cars next year. Since AGR might be down to two cars, their have been some discussions on DD bringing go money to AGR.

She is one of the most clueless drivers we have ever had in open wheel racing. She does not belong, at any level.
    Green, Green, Green!