Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rob Collard Tests Robertshaw Lacetti.

Rob Collard has today completed a test in Robertshaws second Chevrolet Lacetti.

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=851

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is great news. I hope he gets the drive as it would be great to see him back in BTCC full-time.

Good luck Rob.
    Supporting Rob Collard and Fulvio Mussi for 2010
    http://www.DriveAt15.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am probably guna ger blasted for this but i rather see someone is the car with some potential to develop

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well they have Vaulkhard for that. It would probably be an advantage to Harry to have an experienced teammate to learn from.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    waw best of luck to rob and hope he gets the drive
    Following Plato Btcc, Hamilton F1 and Earnhart Jr & Patrick Nascar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTCC2
    Well they have Vaulkhard for that. It would probably be an advantage to Harry to have an experienced teammate to learn from.
    Exactly.

Plus I would love to think a car with the pace, consistency and potential to be a top car like I think the Lacettis has could perhaps even rejuvinate Rob's career.

I would like...love...to think the Lacetti could develop a more competitive, a more consistent points scoring and a consistently challenging Rob Collard.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really hope the Chevrolet is up to race pace eg. top ten to make it a contender. But realistically i think it will be further down the grid, really due to the fact its a new car for the BTCC circuits so they will have no set up data. I hope Harry Vaulkhard does well but i think it will take him a few races to get used to the pace and skill of the BTCC. Someone like Collard will make an ideal team mate cos he is experienced driver and will be able to give him some pointers, maybe not always the quickest and sometimes a little rough but overall a good driver and i hope he gets the drive.

just my opinion and i know some people will not agree but o well.

Sam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The only problem I see is that in the WTCC the chevvy had a weight break that it will not have in the BTCC, just like the the flat floor on the WTCC Seats that are not allowed to be used in the BTCC. The BTCC is a lot more even with rules than the WTCC.
    Want to get involved in MotorSport ?
    You can though Volunteers in Motorsport

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJ_UK
    The only problem I see is that in the WTCC the chevvy had a weight break that it will not have in the BTCC, just like the the flat floor on the WTCC Seats that are not allowed to be used in the BTCC. The BTCC is a lot more even with rules than the WTCC.
    Chevy are being aloud to keep their wtcc dispensations in exchange for a 25kg weight penalty

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1687

I hope they have enough spare parts as they will need them if collard gets the drive.
    Look out I have been to the Jason Plato school of driving. I take no prisoners!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I always find it ironic that we see the Lacettis doing quite well in touring car racing, when the road going version is the subject of scorn in Top Gear! Imagine if they put the start in a reasonably priced car in the WTCC version....