Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

de Puniet Breaks Ankle

de P has broken an ankle falling from a motocross bike last Saturday. That's really bad luck as he's been doing so much better on the track this year. With Brno coming up on the 16th he doesn't have much time for recovery.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Terrible luck for him as he's really been showing a bit this year. Just a shame that the best form of training for them (motocross) is also so dangerous.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Such a shame as hes been riding really well this year, especially at Donington the other week.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Ironic that he should injury himself away from a race weekend GUtting though, he's been starting to look like a real threat and demonstrated at Donnington that he can place well when he stays on the pony.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmm, this is the third rider in recent memory having a motocross related accident. Simoncelli cocked up the season start because of a motocross accident, and I guess the other one was Elias? Not so sure about that.

Terrible luck for Randy, because this year he's been pretty special, consistently behind the usual "Aliens", but these guys ought to be more careful with these motocross training sessions. It seems they're picking up more injuries during training than in the actual race.

Is it really 'bad luck'? I mean if someone has trouble staying on a bike when on the track then surely having a go at a reknownedly dangerous sport is asking for trouble If you were living with Randy De Puniet and he said "just going out on the motocross bike" then surely you'd be compelled to say something along the lines of "are you sure Randy, there's a repeat of Top Gear on Dave?"

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    Is it really 'bad luck'? I mean if someone has trouble staying on a bike when on the track then surely having a go at a reknownedly dangerous sport is asking for trouble If you were living with Randy De Puniet and he said "just going out on the motocross bike" then surely you'd be compelled to say something along the lines of "are you sure Randy, there's a repeat of Top Gear on Dave?"
    If it's a choice betwwen Top Gear and a session of Motorcross, there's no contest - it's gotta be Motocross!
    Which brings me to a question - why isn't Motocross/Enduro discussed in the Motorcycle section?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    Hmm, this is the third rider in recent memory having a motocross related accident. Simoncelli cocked up the season start because of a motocross accident, and I guess the other one was Elias? Not so sure about that.
    Didn't Nicky Hayden compete and fall in an X-Games breaking a bone in his foot?

I recall something along those lines.

To be fair, RdP has not crashed much since the change to Bridgestones (sound familiar to others) and has been quite impressive with results this year given the lack of 'down time'.

But Motorcross is probably one of the best training methods and to me, it could have easily happened riding a mountain bike or many other situations and for these guys, adrenaline beats TopGear.

Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by gco0307
    But Motorcross is probably one of the best training methods and to me, it could have easily happened riding a mountain bike or many other situations and for these guys, adrenaline beats TopGear.
    Absolutely, but someone needs to think of something to distract Randy when he's thinking of getting on that motocross bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner

Terrible luck for Randy, because this year he's been pretty special, consistently behind the usual "Aliens", but these guys ought to be more careful with these motocross training sessions. It seems they're picking up more injuries during training than in the actual race.
    Motocross has been a favourite training ground for racers for a long time but has claimed a lot too injury as well. I know West and Parkes have certainly been injured due to this training technique and plenty more though I'm drawing a blank (not uncommon ) for any more at the moment.

He's sponsored by Playboy and the best distraction you could come up with was Top Gear?
    Get off my lawn