Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X Games 15

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

X Games 15

Hey Guys,

The X Games Rally final is on tonight, and i was wondering if anyone would record it and put it up on the net. Can't get it in Australia Really keen to see the "Group B" Fiestas on the track.

Cheers

Mitch

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    It was streamed on ESPN 360 last year.
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="Mitch555"]Hey Guys,

The X Games Rally final is on tonight, and i was wondering if anyone would record it and put it up on the net. Can't get it in Australia Really keen to see the "Group B" Fiestas on the track./QUOTE]

Actually, the X Games Fiestas are the same cars that competed at Pikes Peak rebuilt to Rally America Open Class rules. Main exception (for all cars at X Games) is that a 40 mm restrictor is used instead of the normal Open class size of 34 mm.
    Doug Woods

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway
    Thanks, should be on now.
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Woods
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch555
    Hey Guys,

The X Games Rally final is on tonight, and i was wondering if anyone would record it and put it up on the net. Can't get it in Australia Really keen to see the "Group B" Fiestas on the track./QUOTE]

Actually, the X Games Fiestas are the same cars that competed at Pikes Peak rebuilt to Rally America Open Class rules. Main exception (for all cars at X Games) is that a 40 mm restrictor is used instead of the normal Open class size of 34 mm.
    Does Rally America allow for repositioning of the engine? How about moving the radiators to the rear of the chassis? They obviously had a huge Horsepower advantage over the Subies.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Woods
    Does Rally America allow for repositioning of the engine? How about moving the radiators to the rear of the chassis?
    Yes to both in Open class.
    Doug Woods

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is there anyone else that would like to see the rally comp @ x games get a little more international. I'd love to see how the american boys go up against some of the young finns, people like simon & eli evans from aus, pat richard from canada, guy wilks, you know those really quick & attacking drivers from all over the world. It would certainly make it more respected amoungst the general rally community. Other than that, awsome, I woke up early monday morning (3am Perth WA) to watch & then watched the finals, all in all just great entertainent.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macksrallye
    Is there anyone else that would like to see the rally comp @ x games get a little more international. I'd love to see how the american boys go up against some of the young finns, people like simon & eli evans from aus, pat richard from canada, guy wilks, you know those really quick & attacking drivers from all over the world. It would certainly make it more respected amoungst the general rally community. Other than that, awsome, I woke up early monday morning (3am Perth WA) to watch & then watched the finals, all in all just great entertainent.
    Yes, that would be nice. But, you need a bit of background on rally at the X Games.

First, rally is the last event of X Games and it is shown live on the ABC television network. The rally event is the most highly viewed event at X Games. In order to draw a big television audience (and a large stadium crowd), there have to be drivers competing that people have heard of. So, that means Pastrana, Block, Mirra, Deegan, etc. Unfortunately, the drivers that you have listed (other than Pat Richard) are totally unknown in the USA. Seb Loeb is a total unknown in the USA. Colin McRae was known through his video games.

Second, X Games is the main way that the "real rally teams" have of obtaining and retaining sponsorship. If these lower profile teams were not invited to X Games, the Rally America championship would suffer greatly.

Third, forget drivers. The participation of Ford at the X Games was huge. If Ford decideds to compete in the RA championship this year or next, it will be great for our sport in the USA.

I hope this helps you to understand X Games rally a bit more.
    Doug Woods

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Doug, I do understand a little bit about the X Games & I do realise that as far as most Americans are concerned Travis & Ken are rallying. I have followed it for the last 2 years but this year was the first year i actually managed to catch it live. The problem I had with it was more the eliminations than the actual final. Apart from Brack & Mancin all of the drivers looked like they were out on their weekly sunday drive which is not what you want to see, even Deegan looked pretty tame (oh and maybe johnson look like he was trying). If the subaru team & (presuming they continue in the championship) ford team each brought over a foreign driver to compete, and a fast & exiting driver (Petter Solberg would be great at X) it would create much more of a spectacle for the people.