Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suzuki Sx4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cut the b.s.
    Ok, Village Idiot for him then :-)

Suzuki has given their JWRC drivers a chance to show what they can do, they have taken the opportunity and showed us that they deserve to move up, but forget them, who do you think is out there with talent, WRC car experience and willing to throw 2 years of their careers into trying to bring this car up to speed, PGA, Wilks and Aava will all be up to WRC speed before Suzuki, if they get the chance....
    My sentiments exactly..........Suzuki may as well tell their JWRC drivers "Go away, your s hit" Which as we all know, they aint, and I dearly hope they get good drives and kick Suzuki's asss

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevoEvo
    My sentiments exactly..........Suzuki may as well tell their JWRC drivers "Go away, your s hit" Which as we all know, they aint, and I dearly hope they get good drives and kick Suzuki's asss
    Do you know what the basis of the agreement with Suzuki was?

If not then just accept the decision or decide not to buya Suzuki in future because you don't like how they treat their drivers
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel

If not then just accept the decision or decide not to buya Suzuki in future because you don't like how they treat their drivers
    I'm not talking about any agreements, when they signed for Suzuki, I doubt a WRC was mentioned.
    I'm just agreeing with the calous way they were dropped. There must be some mystery fast drivers out there on the market, Suggestions anybody???

P.S. funnily enough Daniel, I currently drive a Suzuki.. pmsl

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Further to this it should be noted that the SX4 is in it's infancy. Next year the car is in development. Can they afford (not in a monetary sense) to put inexperienced drivers into the car and be spending money testing and not get the same feedback that a driver like Gardemeister would be able to offer with all of his experience of various different cars.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cut the b.s.
    Ok, Village Idiot for him then :-)

Suzuki has given their JWRC drivers a chance to show what they can do, they have taken the opportunity and showed us that they deserve to move up, but forget them, who do you think is out there with talent, WRC car experience and willing to throw 2 years of their careers into trying to bring this car up to speed, PGA, Wilks and Aava will all be up to WRC speed before Suzuki, if they get the chance....
    Lol, im sure Suzuki signs the guys they think are best for them, who ever they are, much possible that wilks, aava, pg is up to WRC speed before Suzuki, atleast i understand that aava is trying to show it, about the others i dont know.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Lol, im sure Suzuki signs the guys they think are best for them, who ever they are, much possible that wilks, aava, pg is up to WRC speed before Suzuki, atleast i understand that aava is trying to show it, about the others i dont know.
    Yes Suzuki will do whats best for them at this moment in time.

I agree the JWRC boys are up to speed, I know Wilks has done well in a Subaru as did Meeke in last years Rally GB,if your quick in the JWRC you should pick up the speed in the WRC like Loeb, Makinen and so many others have done.
    Anyway Suzuki's decision stands final and all is done and dusted now.
    I hope they do well and i hope the ex Suzuki boys do to,

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Makinen drove in the JWRC?

Loeb was just a freak. Loeb won nearly everything with that Saxo which admittedly was fast because the technical regs were kinder to it than they are to current S1600 cars

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Further to this it should be noted that the SX4 is in it's infancy. Next year the car is in development. Can they afford (not in a monetary sense) to put inexperienced drivers into the car and be spending money testing and not get the same feedback that a driver like Gardemeister would be able to offer with all of his experience of various different cars.
    No they can't, they are hiring experienced engineers why not drivers as well?
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    No they can't, they are hiring experienced engineers why not drivers as well?
    Good point

Quite right in saying you don't hire trainee rally engineers in the hope that they'll learn quickly how to design a good rally car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Makinen drove in the JWRC?

Loeb was just a freak. Loeb won nearly everything with that Saxo which admittedly was fast because the technical regs were kinder to it than they are to current S1600 cars
    JWRC/F2 same thing technically Dan.
    Just a stepping stone to the top