Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Suzuki Sx4

Liked 303 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaanus
    Guy Wilks has been fired from Suzuki, he will not get to drive the SX4, same goes for PGA. A shame really, because I think they both deserve a chance along with Urmo Aava.

If Urmo Aava drives the whale or the Xsara I don't believe he will lose not to drive the SX4... :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Suzuki probably got Japans Drifting Champion 2006 lined up for a SX4 drive
    Agreed about Wilks being quick, just nobody is willing to give him a chance to prove himself.
    Hope he's not going to be another Alister McRae,( i.e. We know he's quick, but for some reason his face don't fit).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cut the b.s.
    Village events? Idiot, the venue doesnt change the oposition, he blew Markko away, and was well up on Higgins, even to call his accident an 'off' is harsh, he was basically caught out because his gravel note crew werent able to do a section of stage and he slid off quite slowly and damaged the rad, Suzuki have lead these 2 lads up the garden path, they are both fast and at least could have been let share the 2nd seat and get a experienced number 1 driver, as it is who are they likely to get, very few experienced and talented people out there at the stage in their careers that they wont mind wasteing 2 years as they try to get this car up to speed
    Agree 100% with you. Who will they get? "Someone" is obviously dreaming of 300 finns sharing the 2 seats at Suzuki...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    PMSL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Would Tommi Makinen be one of those fins

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    While I welcome the entry of Suzuki into WRC, I feel the treatment of their junior drivers is appalling. They've tested and developed the Ignis, Swift into a class winning car. And look how they treat them; well thanks very much. They will probably use the usual rent-a-drivers...
    As for the car, why don't they use a three door? Will look better and more rigid.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    While I welcome the entry of Suzuki into WRC, I feel the treatment of their junior drivers is appalling. They've tested and developed the Ignis, Swift into a class winning car. And look how they treat them; well thanks very much. They will probably use the usual rent-a-drivers...
    As for the car, why don't they use a three door? Will look better and more rigid.
    Deffo Andy, it's a disgrace to them as drivers and to us as fans. All the development work and hard graft to get the Swift/Ignis to where it is today, and then announce they are going top flight, to the joy of the drivers, thinking (yes we're finally in with the big boys) and in the next breath dropping them like a sack of s hit..... Shocking!!!!
    As for not taking the 3door option, puzzles me too!!!! Perhaps with a 4 door they can put 2 recaro's in the back for Wilks and PGA to show them what their missing.................

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cut the b.s.
    Village events? Idiot, the venue doesnt change the oposition, he blew Markko away, and was well up on Higgins, even to call his accident an 'off' is harsh, he was basically caught out because his gravel note crew werent able to do a section of stage and he slid off quite slowly and damaged the rad, Suzuki have lead these 2 lads up the garden path, they are both fast and at least could have been let share the 2nd seat and get a experienced number 1 driver, as it is who are they likely to get, very few experienced and talented people out there at the stage in their careers that they wont mind wasteing 2 years as they try to get this car up to speed
    There's no need to call people idiots.....

While it's sad t see the JWRC guys treated like this who says that part of the deal was for them to jump into the WRCar?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel

While it's sad t see the JWRC guys treated like this who says that part of the deal was for them to jump into the WRCar?
    Agreed Daniel, very harsh words.Tut Tut

As for the Suzuki saga, If I was a JWRC Suzuki driver for a number of years with satisfactory results, and Suzuki announced joining the WRC, I would probably assume I was at least, given a chance to be in the running for a seat. Just think Suzuki have been a bit disrespectful, that's all.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevoEvo
    Agreed Daniel, very harsh words.Tut Tut

As for the Suzuki saga, If I was a JWRC Suzuki driver for a number of years with satisfactory results, and Suzuki announced joining the WRC, I would probably assume I was at least, given a chance to be in the running for a seat. Just think Suzuki have been a bit disrespectful, that's all.
    Yes but we don't know what the agreement was or even if there was one. Looking at the big picture Suzuki has done those drivers a big favour and now it's time for them to get themselves a top drive.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel

Ok, Village Idiot for him then :-)

Suzuki has given their JWRC drivers a chance to show what they can do, they have taken the opportunity and showed us that they deserve to move up, but forget them, who do you think is out there with talent, WRC car experience and willing to throw 2 years of their careers into trying to bring this car up to speed, PGA, Wilks and Aava will all be up to WRC speed before Suzuki, if they get the chance....
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!