Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree Harvick, but they seem to be getting the new car better, or at least that's what the drivers say.

The Brickyard attendance was supposedly 180k yesterday, down 20% from last year's number. Not great, but not terrible either.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    if Nascar got rid of the wing and put a spoiler back on, maybe it will improve the car.
    If the car's running alone might handle better. But the spoiler creates way more dirty air than the wing.

You may not have noticed, but there's a gap between the wing and the decklid. Air can go under the wing! The spoiler just sends all air up and away.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    is it??? its still hard to come a good race that has the CoT. also the old car was just as safe, the only thing the old car didn't have until the end of its life was the safer walls.

if Nascar got rid of the wing and put a spoiler back on, maybe it will improve the car.

IMO the old car still produced much better racing than the parades they have now.
    You didn't watch that Roush family feud at Dover last year? How about Darlington? Heck...Chicago was pretty wild for a change.

THe old car WASNT as safe. Ask Dario Franchitti in his Nationwide car crash. Many people in the Garage saw that and realized the COT is safer. Tell Mike McDowell after that wreck in Texas.

The new COT is now the car of today and they are learning more and more about it all the time. It is putting on better races than many of the old ones where the old car has aeropush issues on most of the faster tracks.

I was NOT a fan of the COT but I know what I see when I watch races now, that is cars that can get closer to each other. The only real issue stopping racing from being "better" in terms of guys being able to pass is the fact all the teams are pretty close on setups and the differences in cars are smaller, leading everyone to run about the same speed. On a road course, driver ability can come to the front, just as it would at Indy or Darlington but at some tracks....well they need to give the teams more latitude in setups to either get it right...or screw up.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the rest is from the CoT, this has been a horrible car, its a sad pathetic race car
    I tend to agree. Indy/Brickyard showed this. Clean air and the leader is 5+ seconds ahead in a few laps. The COT is the worst thing to happen to this sport.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    You didn't watch that Roush family feud at Dover last year? How about Darlington? Heck...Chicago was pretty wild for a change.

THe old car WASNT as safe. Ask Dario Franchitti in his Nationwide car crash. Many people in the Garage saw that and realized the COT is safer. Tell Mike McDowell after that wreck in Texas.

The new COT is now the car of today and they are learning more and more about it all the time. It is putting on better races than many of the old ones where the old car has aeropush issues on most of the faster tracks.

I was NOT a fan of the COT but I know what I see when I watch races now, that is cars that can get closer to each other. The only real issue stopping racing from being "better" in terms of guys being able to pass is the fact all the teams are pretty close on setups and the differences in cars are smaller, leading everyone to run about the same speed. On a road course, driver ability can come to the front, just as it would at Indy or Darlington but at some tracks....well they need to give the teams more latitude in setups to either get it right...or screw up.
    They could have taken the same safety alterations and applied them to the old car. The safety of the car has nothing to do with how poor a race car it is.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ms0362
    They could have taken the same safety alterations and applied them to the old car. The safety of the car has nothing to do with how poor a race car it is.
    I suggest you investigate the Ship of Theseus Paradox.

If you start modifying the old car with COT changes, you'll wind up giving the old car a higher roof, stepped door bars, bigger crumple zones, etc. Eventually, it just becomes the COT with a body that looks like it melted.

Even the old car pulled away in clean air. What do you want, more pack racing crap?
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    I agree Harvick, but they seem to be getting the new car better, or at least that's what the drivers say.

The Brickyard attendance was supposedly 180k yesterday, down 20% from last year's number. Not great, but not terrible either.
    And their attendance at Indy matches the Daytona 500, the king of them all. Any other Nascar track would be jumping with joy for 180,000 people.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That was the easiest time I have ever had leaving the IMS track. Usually jammed up pretty bad, but it was smooth going all the way home.

Crowd was well mannered the whole day, too.

It felt as though I was not at the right place.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I tend to agree. Indy/Brickyard showed this. Clean air and the leader is 5+ seconds ahead in a few laps. The COT is the worst thing to happen to this sport.
    Yes...like we NEVER had Aero push ONCE with the old car. You ever watch footage from the last 2 years of races with the "twisted sister"? Way worse than the COT.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Andrew is dead on the money. The by product of all the safety and the bigger greenhouse (which was to give drivers more room before they became part of a crush zone) is the higher center of gravity, which means the cars don't corner as well and are more prone to be a bear to get right. It rewards good drivers, and it rewards guys who can drive a loose car. Like we wouldn't want to have a car that only skilled drivers could drive. God forbid the best drivers not be able to prove their ability by dumbing down the car.

You have no idea of how that larger car is much more safer, and it is obvious you don't want to admit this new car works. You and people like Harvick complain it is ruining NASCAR and you wont watch, yet you are on this board whining about it. You still care obviously....