Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyle on Tony

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    Poll, Poll....who is dumber....Kyle or Mayfield?
    Jeremy is as dumb as a sack of hair. Kyle is just an ignorant azz.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2mtt
    This is true... as much as I like Tony, Tony sometimes talks complete trash like that too. Kyle's problem is that he talks down about everyone, and he doesn't seem to have any sense of history. You have to have respect for the history & legacy of a sport, if you expect to be liked & respected yourself. Kyle thinks everything revolves around him.
    He's a legend in his own mind.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well we know now know why Kyle runs from the Press unless he wins or has a gun to his head. He cant sit a whole week and calm down and say some politically correct BS to the press to make the whole thing go away. No, he has to take the dying embers of a small controversay and pour gas on it. Let Tony find him on the track Saturday night a little loose. You don't think Tony wont drive through him for real again?

Of all the people to tick off in this world of NASCAR, Tony Stewart isn't the guy I would pick. He does have the Jeremy Mayfield gift of gab. Remember, Jeremy's overinflated sense of self got him shoved out of a ride with Penske and Ray Evernham.

The only thing keeping Kyle from being a total buffoon is his talent. He has that but lets face a reality. Tony didn't back off because no one will back off in light of the last few finishes at Dega. He who backs off doesn't win. Since Kyle is all about the win, surely he must know if the situation was reversed he would have dumped Tony in a heart beat.

Tony was always a bit dumb with some of things he used to say years ago, but he always counteracted that by doing good things for charity and other racers. Kyle does on occasion too but his mouth has to be either trained or muzzled or people will just HATE the guy and I am sure part of him must not like that.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is this really an issue? To me, with the way the rules are now which allow blocking in tight quarters, you live by the block, you die by the block (we're getting to a point where that may happen literally). I hate blocking. The thing that happened to Kyle Busch at Daytona is the same thing that happened to Carl Edwards at Talledega. They both blocked and tried to get in front of the guy chasing them and in both cases, Kesolowski got a nose inside Edwards and same for Stewart on the other side of Busch, and when both Edwards and Busch tried to shift to stay in front, both Kesolowski and Stewart held their line (Kesolowski not going below the yellow line at 'Dega) which is their right to do, and didn't lift. Niether Kesolowski or Stewart was at fault (Stewart was even a bit conciliatory even thought he didn't need to be) and can take those wins with a clear conscience. Would Busch and Edwards have done the same thing has the case been reversed? That's a sucker's bet...
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well the real problem IMO is the racing. Aero trains of restrictor plates where a driver leading on the last lap has to lose or block because a number drivers have "teamed up" to take him down. As Ryan Newman said at Talladega, it may be entertaining, but it aint racing.

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    shoot me if im wrong on this one, but doesn't nascar say all the time, how kyle hates to finsh 2nd he hates to lose? so you know he hates to lose, then why interview him when you damn well know he's gonna say something that 50/50% of fans will love and hate him more for, makes me wonder if kyle really is the bad guy, but nascar is the bad guy for puting kyle in that spot someone whos so driven and hates to lose, and has a big mouth why wolud you ever put a mic in his face after he's pissed,
    im not sticking up for kyle in anyway i was watching a youtube video on angry nascar drivers, and i started thinking why ever put mics in thier face? makes me wonder if nascar wants drivers to mouth off? :S
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2mtt
    This is true... as much as I like Tony, Tony sometimes talks complete trash like that too. Kyle's problem is that he talks down about everyone, and he doesn't seem to have any sense of history. You have to have respect for the history & legacy of a sport, if you expect to be liked & respected yourself. Kyle thinks everything revolves around him.
    i do agree, i don't think kyle knows much about nascar history, i'm sure Kurt knows alot about nascar, makes me think if Kyle saw Kurt making money being famous and just jummp on board, i'm sure Kyle thinks i'm gonna be a nascar driver make alot of money i maybe good at what i do, but i could carless for the drivers before me and others on track now
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Half the drivers in Cup would react the same way Kyle did after Sunday. Can you imagine if it was Kyle in 2nd and pushed Stewart, or Jr. out of the way for the win? I can guarantee that everyone would be bashing Kyle for putting Jr. in the fence and almost killing him. The kid has an abrasive personality, but he's no more in the wrong here than any other driver would be in that position.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    Half the drivers in Cup would react the same way Kyle did after Sunday. Can you imagine if it was Kyle in 2nd and pushed Stewart, or Jr. out of the way for the win? I can guarantee that everyone would be bashing Kyle for putting Jr. in the fence and almost killing him. The kid has an abrasive personality, but he's no more in the wrong here than any other driver would be in that position.
    i 100% agree

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    you make a good point about the jnr thing, it would have definatly been someone elses fault in so many minds! not mine though.

But I dont think Tony wanted to push Kyle into the wall, Kyle stupidly came across with a stupid block and hit tony. Tony continued on as he should have because he wasnt the one making the stupid move, and in my mind he has every right to do, and kyle paid the price. if kyle didnt want a crash, he shouldnt of tried to pull off a hugely stupid block.

thats just my view.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.