Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kyle on Tony

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    Then Kyle goes on to say that Nascar should shut down Tony's team as he is only a satellite of Hendrick.
    I like Tony so not bashing him but this is an interesting point.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    my view for race teams should be satellite engines only, thats why I don't give Stewart props for his awesome Owner/Driver skills, he bought a portion of a team that already had the resources to begin with, they just had poor drivers. now MWR and RBR are the 2 newer teams and look at them now, Reutimann is up front and so is vickers, and they only get TRD's help in engine, they build everything else. My take is the 4 car rule should come in to play here as well, as its really 6 HMS cars on track (7 including Phoenix).

Now I'm not going as far as Kyle and say shut the team down, but I feel Tony and Hass should have to start building their chassis from house, like all the other teams do
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    my view for race teams should be satellite engines only, thats why I don't give Stewart props for his awesome Owner/Driver skills, he bought a portion of a team that already had the resources to begin with, they just had poor drivers. now MWR and RBR are the 2 newer teams and look at them now, Reutimann is up front and so is vickers, and they only get TRD's help in engine, they build everything else. My take is the 4 car rule should come in to play here as well, as its really 6 HMS cars on track (7 including Phoenix). Now I'm not going as far as Kyle and say shut the team down, but I feel Tony and Hass should have to start building their chassis from house, like all the other teams do

Harvick, read your NASCAR history. At one point half the field was either on a Banjo Matthews chassis or a Holman Moody chassis. That was in an era where the bodies were different but usually more or less stock. Teams also have all used the same transmissions and rear ends over the years. This nonsense of dissing Tony for not building his own cars is bunk. Most of the rules in the COT are so damned tight it wouldn't matter much except to his pocketbook to build his own chassis.

The fact is, the same "stuff" was sitting in the Haas racing garages last year, and Tony came over and was the draw to bring in better talent, better drivers, and he organized it to succeed and it HAS. The man deserves all the credit he gets, and if he wins the championship this year, he will be telling detractors like yourself to kiss his @ss. I suspect he would tell Kyle that but the results are on the track.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Totally agree Mark. NASCAR chassis are all the same anyway, why does it matter who makes 'em?

and Stewart can be very proud of what he has created-a winning team. well done that man I say.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Harvick, read your NASCAR history. At one point half the field was either on a Banjo Matthews chassis or a Holman Moody chassis. That was in an era where the bodies were different but usually more or less stock. Teams also have all used the same transmissions and rear ends over the years. This nonsense of dissing Tony for not building his own cars is bunk. Most of the rules in the COT are so damned tight it wouldn't matter much except to his pocketbook to build his own chassis.

The fact is, the same "stuff" was sitting in the Haas racing garages last year, and Tony came over and was the draw to bring in better talent, better drivers, and he organized it to succeed and it HAS. The man deserves all the credit he gets, and if he wins the championship this year, he will be telling detractors like yourself to kiss his @ss. I suspect he would tell Kyle that but the results are on the track.....
    Harvick, there are no absolutes here. You could have a new team getting first rate chassis and engines and they could blow an engine one week and wreck another because the team doesn't know what it's doing. Then you could have a solid team getting sub par stuff but somehow makes something happen by competing for top tens and fives and performing respectively. This was probably the case with Ricky Rudd while he owned the #10 Tide Ford. Now, you have a case where Tony Stewart has a talented crew getting good equipment from Hendrick, just like the Wood Brothers are getting stuff from Roush-Yates, only Stewart is having better success from his source. Stewart isn't stupid, he knows getting stuff from Hendrick saves development costs and his sponsors money. Stewart deserves kudos for not only having a good team and being a good driver, but for being a pretty good businessman.
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tony admits that SHR uses its own fabricators who place the bodies on the cars.

But the "one move only" rule would have resulted in a black flag on Kyle anyway. Dale Earnhardt Jnr in 2003 at Talladega went under the line after Matt Kenseth pulled off a two-block move on the backstretch. The two-block move was deemed illegal, and Junior won.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8