Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Espn/abc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kyle and DW are both kiss asses,I mean what Kyle did at the start of the race mentioning the sponsors like he was still racing pissed me off.I like DW but he is also very very annoying after a while.His ramblings need to stop.Mine is.
    Hail to the Redskins Hail Victory
    Art Monk and Darrell Green 2008 Hall of Fame

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Also, Disney has put a "franchise tag" on "Desperate Housewives," which has hurt NASCAR. Last year, ESPN yanked the Checker O'Reilly Auto Parts 500k from the ESPN Broadcast Network to the ESPN2 with 35 laps remaining in the race, pulling off a "Heidi Game" rule to appease the five raunchy women on a show created by a sexual deviant.

NASCAR fans complained, but it was no use. The race was pushed to protect one show. Go figure.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    One down, one to go....would love to see Fox dump Mike Joy.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tstran17_88
    One down, one to go....would love to see Fox dump Mike Joy.
    Controversial!

I'd like to see Alan Bestwick back in the booth calling races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Controversial!

I'd like to see Alan Bestwick back in the booth calling races.
    I'll second that re: Allen Bestwick.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    after watching alot of european/world racing, they are so much better than everyone on ABC/ESPN/Fox/NBC/TNT whatever. they make the racing sound very exciting, they guys that do the MotoGP racing are fantastic
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    after watching alot of european/world racing, they are so much better than everyone on ABC/ESPN/Fox/NBC/TNT whatever. they make the racing sound very exciting, they guys that do the MotoGP racing are fantastic
    I agree.

Formula 1 on ITV from the UK is consistently the best motorsports announcing ever. MotoGP from the UK is good too, I think a different crew did the MotoGP USGP West on Fox, but they were still very good. (It was on Fox, but MotoGP clearly provided the graphics & production)

Both crews are passionately excited about the racing, while being extremely knowledgeable.

Quite frankly, I think I could do a better job announcing than ABC, just by watching their broadcast on mute along with online live timing.

All of the current American networks & broadcasters are hopeless on road courses, they babble on about strategy & chess, and then prove they know very little about either OR racing.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ITV doesn't carry F1 anymore. It's on BBC now.

And ITV's commentary was mostly James Allen acting as a cheerleader for British drivers.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Funny how time flies. 10 years ago I used to think the Americans were best and that was when ABC/ESPN was supreme: Paul Page and Garry Gerould; Bob Varsha, Benny Parsons, Ned Jarret, Dr Jerry Punch calliing from the pits.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2mtt
    I agree.

Formula 1 on ITV from the UK is consistently the best motorsports announcing ever. MotoGP from the UK is good too, I think a different crew did the MotoGP USGP West on Fox, but they were still very good. (It was on Fox, but MotoGP clearly provided the graphics & production)

Both crews are passionately excited about the racing, while being extremely knowledgeable.

Quite frankly, I think I could do a better job announcing than ABC, just by watching their broadcast on mute along with online live timing.

All of the current American networks & broadcasters are hopeless on road courses, they babble on about strategy & chess, and then prove they know very little about either OR racing.
    One reason I believe the push towards "strategy and chess" has taken place in US motorsport has been a push towards placing the men on top of the pit box in advertising campaigns. In the late 1990's, we saw that with Ray Evernham (Pepsi), Larry McReynolds (GM Goodwrench, Lowe's/Kobalt Tools), and in this decade, we've seen Greg Zippadelli and Chad Knaus in key roles in their respective sponsors' marketing campaigns.

Sometimes the booth men are always thinking "we're only in the first quarter of the race, but we have to crunch the numbers to look at all scenarios".

This decade, with the advent of the national unified television contract, we've seen a push by the broadcasters to add the pit boss in the booth. A three-man commentary position with one mechanic has become the de facto rule.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8