Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Espn/abc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Espn/abc

Does anyone do a worse job of broadcasting races than these fools? Speed Trucks and Fox/TNT Cup get it done right. Watching the nationwide on ESPN tonight consists of a few short segments of racing broken up by endless commercials at inopportune times and live baseball promotions. Commentary, when they're not talking about baseball, is utilitarian at best, the whole broadcast is just going through the motions.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've said this once and say it again. ESPN doesnt give a crap about anysport except for Baseball, Basketball, and Football. sure they broadcast all sorts of events, but in the end, they give two s for any of them outside of the big three. they put on horrible announcers and entry level camera production teams so they can put on a boring show.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's the impression I get, and with their IRL races as well. That the audience should be happy they're airing the race at all, and the fact that it's done with the bare minimum of effort shouldn't matter because no one else wants to air it. You watch any kind of ball game on ESPN and it's got all sorts of graphics, expensive montages, and announcers that seem excited and actually cut to commercials when it makes sense as opposed to every few moments when they run out of something to say. Their NASCAR coverage is totally second rate, both on nationwide and cup. ABC's been putting on crappy racing coverage for a long time, so it's not like this surprises me, but you'd think after all these years they'd take a hint from their competitors and get the production quality up a notch.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the IRL the same, Vs. does a better job than ABC with their eyes closed.

so far I've only liked TNT because we dont here that kiss ass Waltrip blabbing his mouth, at least Kyle tells it like he sees it
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    the IRL the same, Vs. does a better job than ABC with their eyes closed.

so far I've only liked TNT because we dont here that kiss ass Waltrip blabbing his mouth, at least Kyle tells it like he sees it
    you like Kyle Petty? i find him boring i find DJ not bad
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Kyle Petty does a great job in the booth. Same goes for Dale Jarrett. Jerry Punch was much better on pit road and Allen Bestwick is phenominal wherever they assign him. TNT has done a very good job overall IMO and I DO NOT miss Weber. I hope he gets permanently benched. Any Waltrip-free broadcast is music to my ears. Rick Allen and Phil Parsons can handle the truck broadcasts just fine and are both very professional.

Matt Yocum, Marty Snider and Lindsay Czarniak are very good. Lindsay's voice is grating but she does a good job. Steve Byrnes, Dr Dick and Dave Burns are all excellent as well. Krista Voda is another pit reporter who does a great job wherever she's assigned and Ray Dunlap gets the job done in the pits. Chris Meyers and Digger are both as useless as DW.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Thank God they rid of Bill Weber.

Not sure about Kyle Petty. He sounds more like a race school instructor. Same with DJ too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They did such a good job 10 years ago. What changed?
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    What changed is ESPN's broadcasts are done by the same people who have been doing the IRL for ABC all these years. The old ESPN team were the guys who went to SPEED and Fox. Not to mention NBC. When ESPN was doing NASCAR in the "Buffet Benny" Days, most of those guys were out of jobs when the contract was lost and they all migrated to FOX/SPEED and TNT.

The ABC way of doing things, alive and well since the days of shilling for a joke of an IRL is still around.

The only thing saving their broadcasts is that the on air guys are not bad, but the production and writing of the broadcast is putting them in straight jackets. That, and they allow Rusty Wallace air time.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    for me Lindsay is from the dc area our nbc affiliate I think,she is also easy on the eyes.
    Hail to the Redskins Hail Victory
    Art Monk and Darrell Green 2008 Hall of Fame