Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli_M
    And since someone bought it up, it's not really got anything to do with Dale Sr. He died because he chose not to follow the safety advice and wear a HANS device. In both incidents this year, we've seen the driver get out of the car and walk away pretty much without a scratch.
    No one in NASCAR was wearing HANS devices in those days. And NO racing series was mandating that drivers wear them at the time of Earnhardt's death. Dale Sr. died because he had one of his straps on his seatbelt/shoulder harness system break. It broke because he (Earnhardt himself) had installed it where the portion of the belt with the label was in the tightening device. (The label is made of different material than the belt and is slick.) During the accident this caused the belt to "dump", which means the belt bunched in the tightening device and broke. Not a problem with the belt, the problem was with the installation.

I guess we can debate from here to eternity as to whether Earnhardt's fatal accident was caused by restrictor plates. I think it was. I put the cause of the accident in which Earnhardt died down to pack racing caused by restrictor plates. YMMV
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    No one in NASCAR was wearing HANS devices in those days.
    Brett Bodine did.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Andrew, Bodine was, but most were not.

The HANS device was seen as overkill for most of the Cup guys back then and even Jeff Burton, one of the most progressive guys in the garage when it comes to safety wasn't wearing them then.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    We had this at Talladega, and this was very similar.

At Dega, Carl was a bit naughty blocking Keselowski below the line, and Kyle was stupid to cut across Tony. I don't like Tony very much, however he was blameless.

What makes the move even more stupid was that if he hadn't have blocked he probably would have still won the race.

Tony would have won. He had the momentum with the 48 pushing him forward. Kyle should have let it go because finishing where he did hurt him in the fight to be in the top 12. He had a 14th instead and he might wish he has those points.

As for the contention it was Dale Fans wishing Kyle was dead, no, I would never wish that and I have noticed it isn't just us Jr. fans don't like the little twerp. Denny Hamlin in the post race interview didn't seem to be too concerned and he was a teammate.

Lets face it, Kyle lives by the "win or bring me the steering wheel theory" and it will stop him from winning championships if he doesn't think a little.

He made his move too soon....and Tony caught him. Case closed.

As for your contention they ought to tear down the banks Lee Roy, you know that will happen when hell freezes over. Talladega to me is an abomination but at least Daytona demands you get a car that handles in the end. I am not a huge fan of plate racing, but you have to admit, no one can accuse it of being dull.....which is more than what I can say about Charlotte....

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Congrats to Ambrose on another strong race...the guy is learning his race craft.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    has anyone seen any post-race reaction from Kyle on this? I've not found anything

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Cgs...no. If Kyle doesn't have to talk to the press, he doesn't. He wasn't in the top 5, ergo, no interviews. I bet though in the twilight of his career when he isn't winning, the press will be SICK of him.

Kyle...you should be nice to people who buy ink by the barrel and are there to cover the sport. They are our eyes and ears. A comment from you, even how ticked you were is better than the spoiled brat sulk you go into if you don't finish well.

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think its better that Kyle didn't do an interview after the race, he was very angry (i can understand that) but that angry who knows what language wolud have come out of his mouth, i know alot of fans hate when Tony Stewart use to go off in interviews,
    best thing for Kyle to do is win this weekend race and for all the fans that laugh at his bad wreck, he will have the last laugh,

but thats just my idea
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    thats sad, those Earnhardt Jr. fanatics need to grow up, yes I'm singling them out because they are the ones that cheer for that, its so disrepectful
    its ok to dislike drivers but taken it to that level like you said its disrepectful
    the 2001 daytona 500, i laugh when Tony Stewart got air born, at the time i was like good got what he deserved, after the race need i say more? i felt so sick about laughing at Tony wreck cuz he could have been killed too, sad to think if Kyke got killed it wolud be the best moment in nascar history in some fans minds
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329
    I don't like Kyle even one little bit but it takes a special moron to wish death on anyone. Those kind of race fans give the rest of us a bad name.
    agreed!