Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    I didn't watch. I refuse to watch restrictor plate races. NASCAR should tear down those high banks at Daytona and Tally.

As "The instant classic" stated above, RP racing has attracted a group of people who love the wrecks. I'd love for that group to be sorely disappointed and leave.
    i heard fans after kyle wreck say " i hope that little ****** is died!"
    i agree tear down the high banks at daytona and dega
    i will never forget the 2001 dega (2nd race) i was eatting chips and last lap i saw "the big one" after i couldn't eat my chips anymore i was feeling so sick after seeing "the big one" i wolud have not gone to this daytona race if it wasn't for a great way to meet up with my gf that i haven't seen sinces april
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    As Carl Edwards has said about Kyle.......dumb is forever.

If Kyle continues that type of chop blocking then he had better learn to accept being put in the wall.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    agreed, but nascar wont change it until someone dies (and now its become either fan or driver first).
    I used to think the same thing, them Dale Earnhardt was killed and they didn't do anything.

If a fan is killed, big race tracks won't be able to afford the insurance, even if they can find it.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The instant classic
    thats sad, those Earnhardt Jr. fanatics need to grow up, yes I'm singling them out because they are the ones that cheer for that, its so disrepectful
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The instant classic
    i agree tear down the high banks at daytona and dega
    i will never forget the 2001 dega (2nd race) i was eatting chips and last lap i saw "the big one" after i couldn't eat my chips anymore i was feeling so sick after seeing "the big one" i wolud have not gone to this daytona race if it wasn't for a great way to meet up with my gf that i haven't seen sinces april
    I don't like Kyle even one little bit but it takes a special moron to wish death on anyone. Those kind of race fans give the rest of us a bad name.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not

If Kyle continues that type of chop blocking then he had better learn to accept being put in the wall.
    It amazes me that some drivers take such a long time to figure out that nothing good comes from blocking. I'm just glad that nobody as seriously injure. I'm sure a lot of them are using plenty of ice packs today for the bumps and bruises.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not

Let me add to my post.

If ANY driver does that type of chop blocking then they better accept being put in the wall.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    We had this at Talladega, and this was very similar.

At Dega, Carl was a bit naughty blocking Keselowski below the line, and Kyle was stupid to cut across Tony. I don't like Tony very much, however he was blameless.

What makes the move even more stupid was that if he hadn't have blocked he probably would have still won the race.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Both the incidents (Kyle here and Edwards at Dega) come down to just one thing - Spotters.

I'm 99% sure that you can't quite see whether you've got an overlap on a car or not. So particularly in plate races where everyone is so close, you rely on your spotter. Now I haven't heard the radio from either incident properly so I don't know if in either case the spotter said there was an overlap.

If they did, then yes it was pretty stupid for both Kyle and Edwards to try to move across. If the spotter hadn't told them - and probably because its happening so fast they may not have done - then clearly both drivers were trying to defend their positions - that's what you do as race car drivers!

There's no-one to 'blame' for these incidents - in both cases the driver who made the move when they shouldn't lost out.

And since someone bought it up, it's not really got anything to do with Dale Sr. He died because he chose not to follow the safety advice and wear a HANS device. In both incidents this year, we've seen the driver get out of the car and walk away pretty much without a scratch.

I don't think there's anyway to 'fix' these crashes, other than not racing on these particular tracks, which ain't gonna happen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    I think that message can be given with the following memo: "Car high isn't a suggestion"
    Brilliant!!!

Or try looking at your mirrors more? Just flat out stupid racing by Kyle (and Carl at Talladega)
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus