Thread: Team KR out?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Team KR out?

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/...rtintervie.htm

I hope they find the money to run, it would be a shame for another team to go
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah. reading the article on soup you have to wonder what is wrong with the whole sponsership game. I hope KR can get some cash and make it through the whole season. Maybe someone should sell a kidney?
    go speed racer go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmmmm.

It seems like one of those things where things take time - a whole season even - to filter through the system. (another being the 'Biaggi to Suzuki' rumour, which came true a year after first suggested)

KR had a lame time after the KTM debacle and could quite easily have folded after 2005, but stuck it out and pulled back last year with a great little bike, and KR jnr resurrected his career too. It's odd to see stuff like this surfacing now when they did well last season.

Obviously, I hope they make it. Their bike was great last year and this year's one looks nippy too. The sponsorship situation is utterly bizarre though, as KR says things aren't tight overall, but for teams they are.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome to WSB KR. I am sure you would get a great reception from the paddock and the fans.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I haven't seen any news on this, but some photos from the Jerez test show KRJR with a big logo on his leathers. Perhaps they found a sponsor?
    go speed racer go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Europsort commentry during the Jerez test said something about KR snr being fairly confident of a new sponshorship deal. The comm. also mentioned sponshorship by a chain of cut price car dealers but I cant remember if it was the in the same connection.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Team KR's sponsor is motorpoint.co.uk a UK car supermarket.

Kenny Roberts needs additional sponsorship to complete his budget. If you read the interview at soup from the link I posted you will see that Roberts says that the team has a sponsor and will reveal it at Jerez. But because of the cost of MotoGP their existing sponsorship deals only cover about 80% of the budget
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think KR will find the sponsorship, and I believe he is playing the underdog card. If the team is up at the pointy end at the close of the season, they will look better than a team with big sponsors that struggles IMO.
    Sandra O is YUMMY