Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I personal think they could extend to time slot to two hours easy, more onboard and stage action. Or a hour for each day, all they would be pushing aside is ****ting repeats of topgear!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMorel
    Probably in a minority here, but I'm really enjoying Daves so far this year, especially the coverage of Turkey.
    The pacenote comparison was interesting, some good interviews regarding tyre choices for the mixed surface section plus showing the crews at the side of the road adjusting the ridehight/pressures etc and the mix of onboard / external cameras wasn't bad either.
    Techie enough for me but also holding my mums attention from a "human interest" aspect.
    I agree that the turkey one was very entertaining although i think they should extend there time slot.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCMAD Sean
    I personal think they could extend to time slot to two hours easy, more onboard and stage action. Or a hour for each day, all they would be pushing aside is ****ting repeats of topgear!
    Not to mention Fifth Gear too. We have seen them all a million times. Why not give it a rest? ITV3 showed classic 70's drama Upstairs, Downstairs from the first episode till the final and instead of repeating it over and over again have taken it off to be replaced by something else. Why can't Dave do the same with TG and FG? And then there is Dave ja vu. In case you aren't sick and tired of the endless repeats they show the endless repeats endlessley.
    That would free up so much air-time to show the stuff that the audience really will like. Like the WRC.

Hey, why stop there?! Show the IRC too. And what about a studio based show with interviews and features? I would love to know more about the SWRC and drivers like Prokop and Sandell. What will happen to the PWRC next year? I assume they will pretty much do away with that since the WRC looks like going to exclusively S2000.

That would make Dave a proper channel and not one that shows repeats over and over again.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EavesFan09
    Not to mention Fifth Gear too. We have seen them all a million times. Why not give it a rest? ITV3 showed classic 70's drama Upstairs, Downstairs from the first episode till the final and instead of repeating it over and over again have taken it off to be replaced by something else. Why can't Dave do the same with TG and FG? And then there is Dave ja vu. In case you aren't sick and tired of the endless repeats they show the endless repeats endlessley.
    That would free up so much air-time to show the stuff that the audience really will like. Like the WRC.

Hey, why stop there?! Show the IRC too. And what about a studio based show with interviews and features? I would love to know more about the SWRC and drivers like Prokop and Sandell. What will happen to the PWRC next year? I assume they will pretty much do away with that since the WRC looks like going to exclusively S2000.

That would make Dave a proper channel and not one that shows repeats over and over again.
    Quite simple - more people will watch repeats of TG/FG than WRC coverage. That's why ITV4 dropped it. But I agree with your points though.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Quite simple - more people will watch repeats of TG/FG than WRC coverage. That's why ITV4 dropped it. But I agree with your points though.
    I am aware naturally the ratings for Top Gear and Fifth Gear will be bigger because more will be watching them than the WRC since I get the impression the fans of TG or FG will outnumber us WRC fans.

But controllers of channels I think need to cater for all fans. And that likely means re-jigging the content of the week so to give and equal share to all types of show that the channell broadcasts. And I just get the impression that comedy panel shows like Mock The Week and motoring magazine shows like Top Gear make up more than 50% of Dave's weekly broadcast time.