Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts

Dave TV coverage is crap

Well, look at the coverage we had today. With the hairy bikers roasting some chicken for petter Solberg, it is now absoluty beyond a joke.

There is never enough proper footage and about 10 minetes is taken up with Niel Cole wearing some stupid hats.

Soon I will call the proggramme World Roasting Chickens

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I second that
    Marcus: "Tell Corrado, three gears is enough!"

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    While I agree, we have to face up to reality. None of the 'Normal/Free-to-air' are interested in showing the WRC - there isn't a market/audience for it. As a result, Dave are the only ones who would take it - Dave is an entertainment channel, therefore adds 'entertainment sectors' to the programme - which is probably cheaper than taking the whole ISC content. Whilst that might not make it right, we should be grateful for small mercies.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Just watched the recorded coverage from Italy 2007 when the coverage was good, the coverage is not even worth recording now.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    Just watched the recorded coverage from Italy 2007 when the coverage was good, the coverage is not even worth recording now.
    Yeah but they didn't have some unknown moron walking through countryside on that coverage now did they?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I'm more bothered by the awful camera work that ISC role out. Rather than getting close to the cars I'd far rather that shots were taken from far back so we can see what's happening. The 'entertainment' bits are by the by, I thought that Ed Leigh was alright on it and made much more sense than earlier in the season when they had Sean Hughes (he used to be on Buzzcocks) and that stupid 'comedienne' who was less funny than my shoe.

And good coverage in 2007? I must have missed that because it's been s*** for ages now. Which season had the irritating voice over woman?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    I'm more bothered by the awful camera work that ISC role out. Rather than getting close to the cars I'd far rather that shots were taken from far back so we can see what's happening. The 'entertainment' bits are by the by, I thought that Ed Leigh was alright on it and made much more sense than earlier in the season when they had Sean Hughes (he used to be on Buzzcocks) and that stupid 'comedienne' who was less funny than my shoe.

And good coverage in 2007? I must have missed that because it's been s*** for ages now. Which season had the irritating voice over woman?
    Better known as Becs

I can't remember exactly when the change was but there was just a point where the photography got really crappy and the commentary just as bad.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Better known as Becs

I can't remember exactly when the change was but there was just a point where the photography got really crappy
    Might be at the time YLE stopped collaborate with ISC, after that they had to find out where put the cam on their own.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Might be at the time YLE stopped collaborate with ISC, after that they had to find out where put the cam on their own.
    That could explain it.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    The coverage of last week ends rally was shocking. Surely it wouldnt have been too hard to fit a proper report in at the end of the penalties given to the Citreons, rather than some random bloke talking over the end credits!