Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Where were you when?

Micheal Jackson dying make me thing that we all have points in our lives where something important happened in the news that means we'll quite likely always remember where we were and what we were doing when it happened.

The usual one is when JFK was shot, but for those who don't go that far back ones that immediately spring to mind are the passing of
    Ayrton Senna, Queen Mum, Princess Diana, Greg Moore, it remains to be seen if Micheal Jackson can be added to that this (but that's not what this thread is about)
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    JFK: I was but a glint in my father's eye.

Ayrton Senna: At home watching the race

Queen Mum: round Verity's bemoaning the fact that Auntie's Bloomers was interrupted.

Princess Diana: living in Dartford, my ex woke me and said Diana was dead to which my response was "Diana who?" followed by a lot of moaning that she wanted me to walk - hung over - to the petrol station to buy the Sunday papers.

Greg Moore: I was away and out of the loop so didn't know until a day or so later when I saw it on Autosport.

Michael Jackson: just leaving the house to pick Susy up when BBC News said he'd been taken to hospital and there were unconfirmed reports of his death. By the time I got to her friend's house, half an hour away, my missed call list and inbox were overflowing.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Micheal Jackson dying make me thing that we all have points in our lives where something important happened in the news that means we'll quite likely always remember where we were and what we were doing when it happened.

The usual one is when JFK was shot, but for those who don't go that far back ones that immediately spring to mind are the passing of
    Ayrton Senna, Queen Mum, Princess Diana, Greg Moore, it remains to be seen if Micheal Jackson can be added to that this (but that's not what this thread is about)
    Suppose I should say myself.

Aryton Senna: Wasn't into F1 at the time, I remember reading the news on Ceefax. Then going for a walk with my Mum and talking to her about it.

Queen Mum: We were down at Brands Hatch for the BTCC, in MattL's house. Tom Jones was there too. We found it all extremely amusing and had quite a laugh about it!

Princess Diana: Was walking in the newsagents on Sunday mornings then, so heard it on the radio. We got the first run of papers which didn't have anything in, in fact some had the latest 'Diana expose' photos. Which were quickly replaced with new editions. Later on I did the Great North Bike ride.

Greg Moore: I was watching the coverage live and chatting online on IRC at the time. It was obvious from watching it what had happened. For me CART pretty much died that day too

Micheal Jackson, I was on the M1 at the point where it merges with the A1(M), Chris Moyles said Micheal Jackson has died, then expected him to go 'only joking!'.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    JFK - At work walking through a group area.
    Paul Henderson's goal when Canada defeated Russia in the final game of the 72 (and first) series.--Bar at the King Edward Hotel next to my office, with my boss. Watching it on TV. Should have been working.
    Gilles Villeneuve-- On the Queen Elizabeth Way (an Ont. Highway) on the way to get a new truck. Having been a F Atlantic mechanic when he was in the series I knew the whole family. To me he was the best ever.

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Queen Mum= Can not rember
    Princess Di = Walked in to my local Golf Club
    Ayrton Senna, and Greg Moore = Watching the race
    Colin McRae = Lying in Bed
    Michale Jackson = Lying in bed

And how about Jill Dando, i was in London about a street away

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Princess Diana: living in Dartford, my ex woke me and said Diana was dead to which my response was "Diana who?" followed by a lot of moaning that she wanted me to walk - hung over - to the petrol station to buy the Sunday papers.
    I couldn't help but larf @ that
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    JFK: Waaaaay before my time

Ayrton Senna: At home, I was 6 years old, and remember Steve Rider doing a piece about him after the race. My first F1 memory, as it happens.

Queen Mum: Not a clue.

Princess Diana: In bed, although on the same day I did a charity walk on the (then unopened) M65 motorway. I remember that much more vividly than Diana's death, which shows how little it bothered me. But then again I suppose I was too young to know much about her at the time.

Greg Moore: I just had to look him up on Wikipedia, it clearly passed me by

Michael Jackson: In my room videogaming with my flatmate. Ironically (weirdly) we started discussing Michael Jackson about five minutes before we finished the game and stuck BBC News on... *X-files music...*

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    JFK---In the School-yard playing dodgeball

John Lennon---Driving on Friars Rd after a night of Bass fishing
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As Ms Jo Moore wouldve said, if she was still in her old job at Labour, its a great day to bury bad news..

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    As Ms Jo Moore wouldve said, if she was still in her old job at Labour, its a great day to bury bad news..
    Rather true.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.